Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550B Case Feeder Questions

I'm about to buy a case feeder for 9mm. I do 10k 9mm a year and less than 1k of any other caliber.

Looks like a need a Case Feed Assembly - Small Pistol and a Case Feed Caliber Conversion in 9mm.

In Brian's store, I also see Case Feed Plate - Large Pistol or Small Pistol. Is this the thing used to convert a case feed assembly from small to large?

I have the 550, bought it from brian in december 14. I put a case feeder on in January, made a world of difference with pistol calibers. I am not a speed demon, i didn't like having to take my right hand off the handle to load the cases. I am very happy with the setup. I am now doing .223 and 30-06 (need to de cap on a single stage for 30-06) and it works great. Read around the forum for info on whats needed for rifle conversion, or you can PM me. Good luck, you will like it!

Kevin

I'm about to order a 550 case feeder. If I just order a small pistol case feeder assembly for 264.95 will it come set up for .40. or do I need to order a casefeed caliber conversation in .40 also? Just want to make sure I don't over order. Thanks

All it takes to change the casefeed caliber is the casefeed plate. Small casefeed plate would work for 9. A larger caliber, say 45, would require you to change to the large casefeed plate. You'd just loosen the clutch in the center of the plate, swap plates, torque the clutch to the proper tightness, and go from there. It's a snap.