Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ CTS LS-P, Will it ever be production legal?

flyingchipmunk

So I have been shooting an SP-01 (non Shadow) that I have done a lot of work on and quite enjoy. Unfortunately (from a gun perspective) I'm moving from Florida to California. I can bring anything with me when I move (subject to some limitations) but once I'm there I'm relatively stuck with the roster.

I want to buy something really nice to take with me, and the CTS LS-P looks like just the ticket. I was wondering if CZ Custom had plans to make and sell enough of these to make them production legal, because that would make it an easy decision. If they aren't, it may be more worth it to get a 75 Shadow Custom instead since I will be able to use it more for competitions. And ACCU Shadow is a thought too, but I already have an SP-01 and want something more different (I know ACCUs are on another level, but still).

Alternatively I may just end up with a S&W 929 but that is a different train of thought altogether.

So I have been shooting an SP-01 (non Shadow) that I have done a lot of work on and quite enjoy. Unfortunately (from a gun perspective) I'm moving from Florida to California. I can bring anything with me when I move (subject to some limitations) but once I'm there I'm relatively stuck with the roster.

I want to buy something really nice to take with me, and the CTS LS-P looks like just the ticket. I was wondering if CZ Custom had plans to make and sell enough of these to make them production legal, because that would make it an easy decision. If they aren't, it may be more worth it to get a 75 Shadow Custom instead since I will be able to use it more for competitions. And ACCU Shadow is a thought too, but I already have an SP-01 and want something more different (I know ACCUs are on another level, but still).

Alternatively I may just end up with a S&W 929 but that is a different train of thought altogether.

Doubtful. At $1400 a pop, I doubt they will sell 2000 of these a year and they would need to be of the DA/SA variety.

If I were you, I would sell off your entire collection and purchase as many 1911/2011 frames or highly sought after competition/collectors guns as you can before moving out to commiefornia.

The S&W 929 is now on the CA handgun roster - so it's something you'll be able to get after you move here.

The CZ Tactical Sports are also on roster.

Anything SP01 Shadow, from base SP01 Shadow through custom and Accu probably what you want to consider for you to race, those are hardest to get/most desirable from a competition (USPSA) perspective.

If you want things that are nice to have that others will want, agree on the 2011 frames, SP01 shadows, Gen 4 Glocks, etc, just go to calguns.org and check out the want to buy section to get a sense.

I wish I had endless money cause I could buy a bunch of hard to find things and sell them at a profit, but such is life. Thanks for the heads up on the 929 being on the roster, that means I can wait on if until later.

I may end up just trying to get a 75 shadow custom, or a 75 shadow. The CTS LS-P just looks so cool... I saw Angus interviewed at SHOT (in the other thread) say he is trying to sell enough LS-Ps to get them legal. If he can sell $1700 Accu Shadows, then these should go too with luck.

I have to wait on the tax return for now.

Also TRGT, I'm moving to the SF Bay. Where do you go to shoot USPSA in the area? That is actually far more important than what new toy I decide to bring back with me...

Hi Chipmunk,

There's a bunch of clubs out here:

This one's probably the closest to SF:

http://www.richmondhotshots.com/

And then this one located in Concord, CA:

http://diabloactionpistol.com/

If you feel like traveling to somewhere closer to Sacramento area, I usually pick up a match with one of these clubs here:

http://www.actionpistol.org/default.html

Good luck with the move!

I wish I had endless money cause I could buy a bunch of hard to find things and sell them at a profit, but such is life. Thanks for the heads up on the 929 being on the roster, that means I can wait on if until later.

I may end up just trying to get a 75 shadow custom, or a 75 shadow. The CTS LS-P just looks so cool... I saw Angus interviewed at SHOT (in the other thread) say he is trying to sell enough LS-Ps to get them legal. If he can sell $1700 Accu Shadows, then these should go too with luck.

I have to wait on the tax return for now.

Also TRGT, I'm moving to the SF Bay. Where do you go to shoot USPSA in the area? That is actually far more important than what new toy I decide to bring back with me...

Lots of choices, Jinn707 got the main USPSA matches, here's a few more, and those are just USPSA, here's short list with approx drive time from San Francisco:

Main SF Bay Area ones:

Richmond Hotshots, Richmond - 1st & 3rd Sunday (25 min)

Diablo Action Pistol, Concord - 2nd Sunday (40 min)

TASC, Castro Valley - 2nd and 4th Saturday (40 min)

Others not far, not complete list

NCPS, Sacramento - 4th Sunday (2 hr)

Solano Targetmasters, Davis - 2nd Sunday (1hr 20 min)

Oakdale Sportsmen, Oakdale - 3rd Sunday (2 hr)

San Luis Action Pistol, San Luis Obispo, - 2nd Saturday (3hr 45 min)

I have wanted one of these since they were in CZ's annual magazine. They are never available. I don't think they have to sell 2000 a year, just 2000 total. I wish CZ would decide what would be the best long slide { accu bushing?} and make 2000.

Edited by z40acp

Lots of choices, Jinn707 got the main USPSA matches, here's a few more, and those are just USPSA, here's short list with approx drive time from San Francisco:

Main SF Bay Area ones:

Richmond Hotshots, Richmond - 1st & 3rd Sunday (25 min)

Diablo Action Pistol, Concord - 2nd Sunday (40 min)

TASC, Castro Valley - 2nd and 4th Saturday (40 min)

Others not far, not complete list

NCPS, Sacramento - 4th Sunday (2 hr)

Solano Targetmasters, Davis - 2nd Sunday (1hr 20 min)

Oakdale Sportsmen, Oakdale - 3rd Sunday (2 hr)

San Luis Action Pistol, San Luis Obispo, - 2nd Saturday (3hr 45 min)

Thanks for the info from both. It looks like there will be more local matches in the Bay Area than there are for me in the Florida Panhandle. Makes me feel a lot better about my move. I'm sure I'll see you both on the range.