Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Grand Power model released -Q100

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5U46nbF-Kbg

The bad news, the paper chase means this striker fired model will likely only hit the U.S. in late 2015.

The good. Holy heck, is the trigger on this sweet. I put about 100 rounds through it at the factory range and got schooled by the trigger. Pressing out while prepping the trigger lead to a few genuine surprise breaks. There is sweet f-all in the way of stacking. You are applying additional tension to the striker during the trigger stroke, but it feels more like a single action release.

Stay tuned,

The mags are the same. There is a fairly high level of parts sharing where you'd expect.

The trigger compared to the K100 has maybe 50% of the K100's DA travel distance. With no stacking or staging, it may come in higher on a trigger gauge than the K100 but feels lighter. There is a trade off in that the reset is nearly the full travel distance.

How's the trigger compared to the K100's single action pull or the Walther PPQ M2's pull?

Quite similar. K100 feels just slightly heavier. Of course in SA the K100 is mostly staged, then has a few mm of creep, then goes off. The PPQ has a fairly long, very light travel, then hits a wall, then has basically no creep, then goes off very crisply. So comparing a staged PPQ to the SA K100 I'd say the PPQ feels a little lighter and has less creep. But the K100 is still quite good. Both have fast, short reset. Easier to work the reset for me (a novice) on the K100 b/c the trigger as an SA stays staged so to speak. I can shoot tighter, more consistent slow, aimed groups with the PPQ.

• 3 weeks later...

Will it have a safety?

From the factory, it can ship with, or without.

For ATF approval, we may submit it in both forms.

My hunch is ATF will not approve the version without a manual external safety. I assume that if that's the outcome, it may be possible to install the spacer after import.

Still, let's wait until the ATF and lawyers confer. ?

Ok. No safety would me good for 3 gun.

Not quite sure as too why.

Striker fired - no external manual safety to apply - dump in barrel and run - no DQ if still loaded.

• 1 month later...

Wait...the reset is almost the full travel distance of the trigger?

So, is this like an LEM striker fired style gun?

I just want to make sure i read that one right.

Edited by Magsz

http://www.all4shooters.com/en/specials/trade-shows-2015/IWA-2015/pistols/Grand-Power-Q100-semi-automatic-pistol/

Is this article correct that the Q100 will have restrike? If so that's the only other striker-fired pistol I know of besides the P99AS that has it.

Unless things have changed drastically since I shot it I'm March, it does require the slide to cycle for a second trigger cycle. The article is wrong on this point.

{edit} I found out why the reviewer got the wrong impression. :)

We release new models at IWA, and tend to keep most details under wraps until then. The product description hand out for the Q100 was printed out the day before we left. Unfortunately, the sheet printed was the first draft which cut and pasted the text from the K100.... We didn't catch it until the second morning of the show.

Edited by Canuck223

Thanks for that. It made me speculate whether the safety was in fact a decocker.

Off-topic - I have many questions. Is there an ETA on the 22, 380, 10mm models? The K22 X-Trim is a given, partner for the X-Cal. I'd like to find out more about this "dynamic blowback" in the 380s. And I'm very curious about the possibility of suppressing these given the rotating barrels in 9mm and above. Would you be able to point me at any reading for any of that? Thanks, and it is appreciated.

www.grandpower.eu/forum is likely your best bet. I can only say so much without crossing over from providing information to advertising. I've gotten politely slapped for it already.