Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para slide Breech face 9/38/40 are all the same

Mrguns

Does any body knows if he above is true? I saw this on sarco inc "NOTE ON PARA SLIDES : 9mm, 40 S&W, & .38 Super slides are interchangeable. They all use the same breech face.. Just wanted to know if any body have or any experience using a 40 slide with a 9mm para barrel. Any suggestion/comments? Thanks

Maybe. I only say this because this was the thinking on forums in regards to Kimber pistols too. That the 10mm was the same breech face size as the 9mm.

I have a Kimber 9mm and the bottom opening before the extractor is smaller than a 40sw breech face on my Para 40. That being said I place a 40sw case inside of the breechface of the Kimber 9mm slide, the rounds fits easily. It is only when the round is beginning to come up away for the magazine lips that opening about .015 ths. smaller, before coming in contact with the extractor.

A few swipes with a file would fix that. The 40sw case does fit inside the 9mm breechface, with the extractor holding it.

FWIW

• 4 weeks later...

The 380 acp, 9mm Luger, 9x21 IMI, 22 TCM and the 38 super are the same. I just measured my 40 and it is NOT the same. The round will try and enter the chamber off center. Probably not a good idea.

Archived