Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to find Beveled Bomar replacement rear sight blade?

Mifune326

Greetings all,

My 1911 has a Bomar rear sight (made for the Ruger .22) melted into the slide. I would like to replace the sight blade with the one that has the 45degree beveled top edges. I know that Bomar is no longer in business but does anyone know where I could find this replacement sight blade?

Thank you and all the best to everyone here on the forum!

Chris

Thank you Dan. Are guys re-bluing the blades after they've been beveled then? I was trying to void having to re-blue the blade.

I saw a company named Kensight that looks like they're making a Bomar copy. Anyone know anything about them and whether their beveled blades will fit the Bomar?

Chris

Both Kensight and Champion offer Bomar-Style sights with the 45 degree beveled "ears" on the rear blade. You'll have to do some searching but they should be direct replacements...meaning of course that you'll need to do some fitting with stones or files like most 1911 sights. I'd start looking at Brownells and also do a google search of the company's websites. Also, Wilson Combat offers a removable/interchangeable rear sight blade option on their Bomar-style sight and options include a beveled blade. They're more expensive than others but can save you money long-term by letting you try different rear blades, notch widths, etc without having to replace the whole rear sight assembly.

Cheers623