Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Grips

blue edge

OK Im looking to replace my grip. The one I want try depends on size. I Do Not Care whos frame is the best. Im talking about how the grip fits in your hand

So STI is bigger than PT or CK is smaller than PT or PT Aggressive Texture is bigger than PT Smooth

Thanks Kevin

I've found VZ grips (and their G10 copies) provide excellent grip and retention. Plenty of options for texture and thumb relief. Also, if you currently have grips you like; experiment with skate tape in areas to provide greater grip.

I've found VZ grips (and their G10 copies) provide excellent grip and retention. Plenty of options for texture and thumb relief. Also, if you currently have grips you like; experiment with skate tape in areas to provide greater grip.

I think you are talking a different platform. He asked about 2011 grips not 1911.:)

From talking to Bobby, the CK grips are going to be slightly reduced in size when compared to the STI grip. He said they will are reduced to the approximate size that they do when they reduce and stiple the STI grip. I haven't held one yet but am getting one in the next few weeks so I will be able to give a better answer then.

Just my opinion here, (except CK, haven't seen one of them yet) the PT Aggressive feels better in my hands than any other grip I've had/felt and is smaller than the PT Plain with grip tape. The standard plastic STI is the largest but with right mods, can be one of the best feeling and can be trimmed down quite a bit. The SV I gripped a few times was pretty awesome also but the PT Aggressive (steel) is still the best overall.

I think you are talking a different platform. He asked about 2011 grips not 1911.:)
My bad, assumed VZ made grips for the 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are talking a different platform. He asked about 2011 grips not 1911. :)

I think you're missing a fundamental difference here. 1911 frames REQUIRE grip panels of some sort to complete the frame.

On the 2011 modular frame a "grip" is the entire assembly below the frame, which holds the MSH, the magazine release, etc. Regardless of what brand/type of 2011 "grip", I am unaware of any of them that takes a separate 1911-style grip panel to complete the lower. If you do a web search and look at at 2011 grip, it's fairly apparent the difference.

Actually the Para's do use grip panels on their 2011 / double stack mag guns. As does Rock Island.

However based on the OP post I'd say he was talking about a modular 2011 pistol where there are 3 basic pieces Slide, Frame, and Modular Grip.

Edited by shotgunone

I think you are talking a different platform. He asked about 2011 grips not 1911. :)

I think you're missing a fundamental difference here. 1911 frames REQUIRE grip panels of some sort to complete the frame.

On the 2011 modular frame a "grip" is the entire assembly below the frame, which holds the MSH, the magazine release, etc. Regardless of what brand/type of 2011 "grip", I am unaware of any of them that takes a separate 1911-style grip panel to complete the lower. If you do a web search and look at at 2011 grip, it's fairly apparent the difference.

My P16-40!has grip panels, I was unaware that VZ did not offer panels for such applications

Actually the Para's do use grip panels on their 2011 / double stack mag guns. As does Rock Island.

However based on the OP post I'd say he was talking about a modular 2011 pistol where there are 3 basic pieces Slide, Frame, and Modular Grip.

Thanks for the support, didn't think those Allen screws on my Para were just for show

Well I have a PT Aggressive (steel) Grip ordered, it sounds like this is what Im looking for

Thanks

Hope you are not holding your breath, I ordered two grips from them Oct 3rd 2014 and I'm still waiting. Tiffany keeps saying another 3 weeks..........

Well I have a PT Aggressive (steel) Grip ordered, it sounds like this is what Im looking for

Thanks

Hope you are not holding your breath, I ordered two grips from them Oct 3rd 2014 and I'm still waiting. Tiffany keeps saying another 3 weeks..........

WoW hope you get them soon

Thanks

I understand these are being shipped out today. I think you'll be very happy with them.