Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

100% confirmed! My G34 shoots left! Now what do I do?

Mitch65

I'm curious now. I just got a Dawson CRP 34 and haven't shot it yet. They come with Dawson's Perfect Impact Sight-In Guarantee and the rear is centered perfectly in the slide. Not exactly sure what kind of accuracy they're guaranteeing from a Glock but I'll let you know what happens.

Dawson's "Perfect Impact Policy" is for elevation, not windage. If you need a different height front sight they'll give you one for free. If you buy a Glock direct from them with their sights installed I'm not sure if they sight it in or not.

I've owned and shot many Glocks over the years and have never shot one that didn't shoot POA with the rear sight centered. Maybe I've just been lucky, but when installing sights I always just center the rear sight and have never had to make an adjustment at the range.

I called Dawson yesterday just out of curiosity I and they told me that they do test them at 25 yards. They do no accurizing and have no control over the barrel but they make sure that whatever group it shoots is centered.he said that they typically get 3 inches.

I'm pretty sure almost every Glock I've ever owned, I've drifted the rear sight slightly toward the right. Then again, I don't care how the gun looks, just that it put the beebees where the sights are pointed....

+1 every glock I owned I had to do the same thing.

Before I get everyone saying its my grip and trigger ect it's not. I used a Ransom rest at my range and with the sights centered on the dove tail it shoots 3" left at 20-25ft. It groups very very tight. I had 4 rounds touching.

So it shoots left from a ransom rest or when you shoot it free style? The only time I have ever see that is when the slide cracks at the ejection port.

Just drift the rear sight. That's why they make them that way.

+1 It's a glock. It's made to be defensive pistol. You're lucky that the groups are that tight. I've definitely had some that wouldn't even come close. Sounds like you got a good one. Knock the sight over a tiny bit and shoot the hell out of that gun!

This is the answer. I'm amazed that the lack of complexity of the problem is generating some of the answers it is....

And I'm an Engineer who get accused of ever-engineering things!

I had the opposite happen to me Mitch. Stupid brand new Glock 34 would shoot to the right; for me, the rangemaster, or anyone else who would shoot it. O course i moved the rear sight adjustment all the way left to compensate for it and just shot it. Gunsmiths and the guy who sold it to me could not figure it out.

And then one day, it just went away. Started shooting like it should, so i re-centered the sights and now it is normal. I am a Mechanical Engineer, and have tried to figure it out, but to no avail. Gun shoots normal now, and i have no idea what it was

Just drift the rear sight. That's why they make them that way.

+1 It's a glock. It's made to be defensive pistol. You're lucky that the groups are that tight. I've definitely had some that wouldn't even come close. Sounds like you got a good one. Knock the sight over a tiny bit and shoot the hell out of that gun!

This is the answer. I'm amazed that the lack of complexity of the problem is generating some of the answers it is....

And I'm an Engineer who get accused of ever-engineering things!

Yes, it's a mass produced gun.

You buy a Chevy don't expect it to be built like a Cadillac. LOL

I assume you're measuring center from the edge of the slide to the edge of the sight. Could the notch not be centered since it's just a molded piece of plastic? Not sure that that's your solution, but it may be worth measuring to check!

What would you do if you mounted scope to a rifle and it looked ok but then you shot it and the groups were tight but off center? You'd adjust the scope until the groups were centered where you were aiming. Why is a pistol any different?

Knock that rear sight over a touch and have fun!

What would you do if you mounted scope to a rifle and it looked ok but then you shot it and the groups were tight but off center? You'd adjust the scope until the groups were centered where you were aiming. Why is a pistol any different?

Knock that rear sight over a touch and have fun!

Not only that, but it's only off center by about 2/100ths of an inch? Talk about OCD...

• 4 weeks later...