Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson fiber sights getting smaller?

trp

Just bought a dawson fiber front sight for my new build and it's shorter than the others I have?

I mean from front to back,the length of the fiber is shorter?

Am I missing something kind of confused its for sti

That makes sense. There is very little material joining the blade and the top of the dovetail. If they reduce the length it would reduce the stress on the joint when it snags on holster/clothes/barricade.

what it REALLY is, is that they are selling sights to knuckleheads that dont know how to install them, and rather than lose their business, they are idiot proofing the sights, at the expense of the usefulness of the product if it were to be installed properly.

what it REALLY is, is that they are selling sights to knuckleheads that dont know how to install them, and rather than lose their business, they are idiot proofing the sights, at the expense of the usefulness of the product if it were to be installed properly.

Not true. Their narrow blade FO sights were breaking for many users. I went through several 0.090 width blades where the blade would snap right behind the dovetail and others that were using their narrow blades were having the same issue. Like an earlier post stated, the front to back length was too much for the sight's base to handle and it snapped under recoil.