Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Competiton - Problem loading

WNC Seabee

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Beretta 1301 that is new to me. Fired very little, no wear or other noticeable problems, except it sounds like I have the same problem as some of you.  

When I load the mag tube and press the small button on the lifter, to advance a shell onto the lifter, it only works about 1/3 of the time. I've read extensively into this problems and have found that people are removing the cartridge latch and deburring/polishing it to make it reliable and feed properly.

What mine does, when it does not advance a shell, is click and the follower drops slightly but no shell advances. If you smack the side of the receiver, it sometimes goes ahead and releases one.

The action release seems to work fine and does as it should to my knowledge. I have a +5 taccom extension with 16" of spring that sticks out with the end cap off. I don't have a factory cap for the tube, but have removed the extension and installed the taccom cap with the factory spring and it did the same thing.

I can't see the old pics in this thread.  Can someone guide me on what needs to be polished on the cartridge latch?