Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case feeder problem

Recently starting using a 650 with a casefeeded and am having problems with case dropping into casefeeder arm. The case drops into the case feed arm bushing but doesn't drop down onto the plate it hangs up on the edge of the arm, this is happening around 20 out of 100 times. It's a real PIA I have to watch and if they hang up i jiggle and push the case through the bushing into the arm. Slows my roll a little more than I like!

Any suggestions on making the transition from the plastic bushing to the metal arm loading 9mm and using green bushing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Page 39 & 40 of the manual, case feed slide cam, there is a slot in the bracket it bolts to. Make sure it is oriented correctly, if it is try moving it through out its range of adjustment.

Note: the threads are only a helicoil in plastic. Snug the socket head cap screw with just two fingers on the short side of an Allen wrench.

The case drops from the case feed adapter (the piece you are talking about) and yes I have the slot in properly, into the case feed bushing. it hangs up at the junction of the bushing to the arm photo 181 on page 39.

Edited by bunt

The case drops from the case feed adapter (the piece you are talking about) and yes I have the slot in properly, into the case feed bushing. it hangs up at the junction of the bushing to the arm photo 181 on page 39.

Made no mention of the case feed adapter in my post.

When the ram is all the way up is the green case feed arm bushing lined up with the small casefeed body bushing below, like this?

IMG_20150316_075727_270_zps2yq8pgmi.jpg

If not the casefeed arm needs to be pushed further by the case insert slide & slide cam (black triangle looking part and part it attaches to with the slot in it for adjustment).

IMG_20150316_075640_635_zpsvxlcf60r.jpg

Forget about FIG 186 on page 39 and raise the ram, back the socket head cap screw out push the slide cam all the way so the case feed arm stops moving, hold it there while you snug the screw back down.

As noted in post #2 don't crank down on the screw, just use two fingers on the short side of the Allen wrench.

Edited by jmorris

jmorris, I don't even have a 650 (SL 900 and 1050 and 550) but get a lot out of reading your posts and enjoy the very cool way you've set up and modified all of your machines and your reloading practices. For my money you're one of the most knowledgeable and positive contributors on this board. Thanks.

Thanks jmorris read your post over again last night and got it squared away seems to be working fine now. Loaded up about 600 rounds this morning.

Thanks again for your help

It lined up, seems like the case was hanging on a very small edge on the inside of the metal bushing arm, by adjusting the wedge to over cam (if that makes sense) it makes it drop onto the plate

• 1 month later...

I am having a similar issue with 10mm rounds, except it appears to me that the brass is not falling into the arm and it gets hung up on top of the swing arm plastic red bushing. So, it is getting to the large red keyed drop tube, but not making it into the pivoting arm to drop on the upstroke. Sometimes it even binds between the drop tube and the swing arm. Press is a brand new one setup from factory for 10mm. Thoughts? Trying to find adjustments in the manual, but currently about 1 out of 3 pieces of brass make it to the shell plate!

I had the same problem. There is a small hole with a set screw in it next to the slide rod adjustment nut. See picture 1 of the jmorris post. The screw threads may be low and can cause the case feed swing arm to hang up and not travel all the way. Slowly back out the screw and it will fix it. If you go too far the arm will swing out all the way. That's ok. Just push it back and slowly adjust the screw until it just holds.