Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M3K Availability?

Marv Z

Now Stoeger says July? Check facebook

so much for that. I'm not waiting that long.

Seals the deal for me as well. Plan was to go with an M2 but I've been tempted to save some money and go with the m3k. I'm sticking with the plan.

If I were interested in the M3K Stoeger I'd just get a stock gun and have MOA work it over. By the time you get the 3-Gun version and then have teh additional work done that you will be wanting, you will be at about the same price which is still about half an M2.

If I were interested in the M3K Stoeger I'd just get a stock gun and have MOA work it over. By the time you get the 3-Gun version and then have teh additional work done that you will be wanting, you will be at about the same price which is still about half an M2.

That is a good plan!

Seals the deal for me as well. Plan was to go with an M2 but I've been tempted to save some money and go with the m3k. I'm sticking with the plan.

If you can afford the M2 it's worth having. Still the best gun for the job.

Truth. The M3000 isn't a Benelli. It is a VERY good gun for the price, and with a few minor tweaks it is ready for the big-time. But the polishing and fitting is not Italian by any means. If I had unlimited funds I wouldn't have even been looking at guns in this price range when I discovered the Stoeger a couple years ago. But I have 5 kids and my wife is blind, so money is a factor for me. I thought of it as a "poor man's Benelli", which is what it is. If somebody calls a Corvette a " poor man's Ferrari", he is not saying it is as good, or as well made. But it is still a kick-ass car, and closer to a Ferrari than it is to a Prius :) And with a few tweaks, you will see them on the road-race circuit, running with the big-money guys

I'm looking at one for a backup gun to my M2. You can never tell what's going to break when your 300 miles from home. That's why I'm looking at the M3K rather than the base model. Buy it and be ready to shoot in case of disaster.

This sucks, you just ruined my day.

Man you have to learn that projected release dates for firearms are a complete fabrications made of magical spider webs and fairy dust. Only muggles believe in them. Sorry, but this a lesson best learned early.

I predicted by the end of the 2nd quarter 2015, however that was before the improvement to the improvement to the loading port was revised.

I think you will be well pleased by the efforts of Stoeger.

BUT...you should be able to get a P3K in about 2 to 3 weeks from MOA Precision.

A man can dream cant he Vlad?

Pat, I would love to but the tube makes your gun illegal in NJ.

There is no reason we can't do a "special" build. The P3K is essentially a custom built shotgun, just custom built to PK's specs. If you need special accommodations for local restrictions we can certainly modify features

You've told me this twice now. I almost didn't listen the first time, but I'm getting the M2. Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is that I'm still wavering between the "full size" gun and the compact for reduced LOP. Unfortunately I don't know enough about shotguns or 3gun to know which fit is "right". But I digress

I could certainly see myself with an M3K in the future as a backup shotgun, but first I need to buy something for it to back up

You've told me this twice now. I almost didn't listen the first time, but I'm getting the M2. Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is that I'm still wavering between the "full size" gun and the compact for reduced LOP. Unfortunately I don't know enough about shotguns or 3gun to know which fit is "right". But I digress

I could certainly see myself with an M3K in the future as a backup shotgun, but first I need to buy something for it to back up

If your Benelli ever goes down in a match chances are there will be 3-4 guys on your squad with one you can use. Only happened to me once. Both pistol and shotgun had issues on stage one at FNH. I shot the rest of the match with Chris andersens guns. Way easier then hauling 6 guns around with you.

I'm all for having a practice set of guns though.

Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is that I'm still wavering between the "full size" gun and the compact for reduced LOP. Unfortunately I don't know enough about shotguns or 3gun to know which fit is "right".

The compact M2 does not have the ComfortTech stock, which you want. There is plenty of adjustment.

The M3000 has nothing in the stock so you can cut them short and the stocks are less coin.

Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is that I'm still wavering between the "full size" gun and the compact for reduced LOP. Unfortunately I don't know enough about shotguns or 3gun to know which fit is "right".

The compact M2 does not have the ComfortTech stock, which you want. There is plenty of adjustment.

The M3000 has nothing in the stock so you can cut them short and the stocks are less coin.

Actually the "Compact" M2 does have the "Comfortech" stock http://www.benelliusa.com/compact-shotguns

A standard length Comfortech stock can be cut down and a grind to fit pad added. It requires a bit more work and materials that shortening a wood stock but I've done it several times. (Take a look at Katie Francis' M2)

Archived