Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 and newer style Bullet Tray / mounting ?

Some time ago, Dillon's production manager told me that would start shipping a new style Bullet Tray for the 1050 press.

I'm not sure if that has happened or not, and I can't get him on the phone right now.

So if anyone who has bought a 1050 recently would post a pic of the Bullet Tray and its mounting set up - I'll refer my customer to this thread.

Just got a tray. I have the old one on another press. Only difference is that one has ribs cast in and the new one doesn't. Really wish they would have made the hole pattern match the bracket for the old tub (could have sandwiched it between and used both. Just because you don't use it for bullets doesn't mean it wouldn't be handy for tools etc.

Can you mount the bullet tray and the toolholder at the same time? I first had the toolholder mounted but could not mount the bullet tray bracket together. Is there something I am over looking? Can someone post pics of the toolholder and mount for it? Maybe I had it mounted wrong.

• 5 months later...

They are pretty, but I don't want one of those trays. They sure sound noisy in youtube videos. I will be making something out of 1/4" plexiglass I already have, and lining it with a removable cloth (towel type material) to make it even quieter. Less noise makes me happier.

Edited by reloader901