Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3K Extractor Pin Removal?

kuduman

Any advice on how to get that bugger out? Is it tapered or something?

A little pounding didn't work. Would like to know if there's a secret before the serious pounding.

Also, what's the best source for a replacement pin? I'm assuming I'm going to ruin it before I get done.

Thanks.

Edited by kuduman

The pin is offset from the access hole like a Benelli. They are NOT super tight, so if you are banging on it, something is not right. Use a light to look into the hole opposite the end of the pin you can see, and you will discover that only about half of the pin end is accessible. Use a small punch to tap on this end, being careful to keep the punch on the partially exposed end. Once it moves a little, you can usually grab the protruding end with smooth jaw pliers or soft vise jaws and pull it the rest of the way.

So .. if you replace it with a Benelli extractor, do you reuse the Stoeger pin, or use a Benelli roll pin? I'm asking because if you ever need to replace it again, how do you get the roll pin out?

Well, I've buggered it up good. I guess I hammered too much on the wrong end-- I've broken three punches on the correct end-- no movement.

Got a more mechanically adept (and equipped) friend; maybe he can get it out.