Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help to find a club that has a Classifier in the York, Pa area

DOAFS

I've looked around and have come up empty, the closest one listed on the IDPA website is over 100 miles away in New Jersey. The only club I know of that is having a classifier in the next couple weeks is WSSA and it's on April 5, Easter. It's a great club and I shoot there regularly but Easter is a no go for me. Anyone know of another club with in a reasonable driving distance (hour or a little more) of York, PA having one in the next month or so? Thanks in advance!

Try Lewistown.

After that, try pretty much any club you can get to in the next month or two. It's classifier season.

You may have to e-mail match directors, because few will use the IDPA site to advertise their match. Fewer will advertise their match is a classifier.

No, but a buddy does. He told me he was going to shoot the match and i recalled that someone here was looking. He said he thought they had morning and afternoon sessions. Beyond that, please contact the match director. Good luck.

below is an email i just received:

Thurmont Conservation and Sportsmen's Club (near Frederick, MD) announces an IDPA classifier match for Sunday, Mar 29, 2015, starting at 11AM ending by 3PM.

Please register at: https://clubs.practiscore.com/thurmont-sun-mar-29-classifier/register

Once approved you will be allowed to squad. I am registering squads by the hour as I expect to run at least two bays and three people per bay per hour. Depending on response we can either expand the number of bays or number of hours.

Please bring at least 120 rounds and $15. If time slots are available you may run a 2nd division classifier.

The first squads need to show up 45min early to setup. The last squads will tear down and stow the materials.

Please email me at thurmontidpa@verizon.net if you are a new shooter along with your shooting resume: trainings taken, qualifications, other pistol competitions, etc.

We will be using practiscore for this match.

Thanks,

Cody Claxton

Thurmont IDPA Committee Chair

Weekend Match Director

Try Lewistown.

After that, try pretty much any club you can get to in the next month or two. It's classifier season.

You may have to e-mail match directors, because few will use the IDPA site to advertise their match. Fewer will advertise their match is a classifier.

Thanks Everyone! Just heard back from Lewistown's match director, looks like they're classifier is tentatively to be on 4-12.