Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian Mag Updates

Alan Meek

;)

You guys want 170 mags :wub: for Caspian =well I support Caspian all I can they have

the best equip in my view of any of the other manufacturers.

2 good 38 super mags and out comes a 170 ,they can be made to use Dawson

+ 1 mag pads and it doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

Jim Anglin

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm extremely sorry for recommending the pro mags if they're not working. Please let me know and I'll do all I can to help you guys get them running 100%. TT

Again, TT, thanks for the help ..... I messed with my tubes on and off for a few months, your help/instructions got me 95% of the way there - I just lost patience/time..... I'm sure they can be made to work just fine, I just got sidetracked. <_<

I eagerly await the new Caspian mags, as everyone else in this thread! ;)

PS - see you in Dallas next weekeend!

• 7 months later...

A ray of hope....

At the Nats I grabbed TT and spoke to the folks at SPS about making tubes and complete mags for the caspian. We are sending them a mag to see if they can copy it. The details are in the feed lips.

I told them we need .40 tubes in 140 and "standard" length, and .38 / 9mm tubes in 140 and 170 length.

Keep your fingers crossed.

T....get me that mag.

• 1 month later...

Guys, ok, thread bump....

I need some help from the no BS CASPIAN users. How much actual interest is there in new mags and guns?

I am trying to put together a run of Caspian mags and tubes. I know this has been asked before, but how many serious mag BUYERS are there out there.

Please, grab every Caspian guy you know and have them email me. If there really is demand, I am pretty sure we can get it done.

dirtypool40@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

I really like Caspian Quality, and the fit in my hand, but if I can't get mags for it what good is it. The plastic frame wide bodies are OK but I much prefer the metal frames. A Caspain slide/frame/mags is excellent starting place to build both open and limited guns.

Caspian 39 Super/9mm mags are available currently.

For a 170mm mag, Jim Anglin (Sailors Custom) will weld two mags to get to the 170mm length, while it is a little pricey it is an option.

As far as the .40 mags. In all of my conversations Caspian is working on these. But Caspian would rather take the time to get them right instead of rushing them and ending up with a crappy product.

Alan

(Counts all of his 22 Caspain 38 Super/9mm mags every nite)

I'm another Caspian shooter with a Jim Anglin modified big stick.

I bought my gun used and it came with a no-name big stick. Big as in about 185mm.

I sent it to Jim with a Dawson base and Grams guts, and he cut it to size, re-formed the bottom to accept the Dawson base and I've now got a USPSA legal 29 round (.38 SC), utterly reliable magazine.

$65 for the work and shipping seemed like a good deal to me!

-UPDATE-

In talking with Gary Smith today he is awaiting prototype mags from his supplier. He is supposed to have them either today or Friday.

If he can get me a pic I will post it here for everyone to drool.

These prototypes are supposed to be dimensionally correct.

Also for anyone going to the Ft Benning 3-gun Gary will be in attendanc eand if he does receive the mags as scheduled, will have them with him at Ft. Benning for people to take a look at.

Alan

Caspian 39 Super/9mm mags are available currently.

For a 170mm mag, Jim Anglin (Sailors Custom) will weld two mags to get to the 170mm length, while it is a little pricey it is an option.

As far as the .40 mags. In all of my conversations Caspian is working on these. But Caspian would rather take the time to get them right instead of rushing them and ending up with a crappy product.

Alan

(Counts all of his 22 Caspain 38 Super/9mm mags every nite)

We did it putting in a spacer in with the exact dimensions of the 38/9mm hicap mag and weld it together. No need to use 2 mags. cost is 40 Extra bucks add to the magazine price. I try to post a pic tonight. But I would be interested in IPSC legal .40 mags, we do have the fit-the-box rule in Europe. Cheers Chris

I just bought a Caspian .38s. and would love to find some 25+ rd mags. while on the mag subject, I was looking for 170mm tubes for a .45 STI but I cant find any. Am I stuck to grabbing the dreaded needlenose and widening the mouth on em to work? 14+1 is nice, but if i could get 22 in there I would be extremely happy.

Talked with Gary at Caspian yesterday.

He has received the sample .40 Hi-cap mags from his manufacturer.

Gary reports the mags look really good.

He shipped them to the AMU and will be debuting them this weekend at the AMU 3 Gun match.

I'll get some pics from him next week and post them here for everyone to see.

Alan