Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian Mag Updates

Alan Meek

I have no interest in selling or marketing these mags, but Caspian might. I’m sending some to Gary and he has shown great interest. Personally they are a dream come true.

The base pads were custom made for me by Tony Kidd. He is an artist and perfectionist, so they are truly beautiful. The tubes are so dimensionally consistent and true that no tuning is required on the feed lips. Also the feed lips are longer than any other 1911 mag in order to guide the round through more of the intake stroke.

They feature a high-polished, hard chromed finish, on both the interior and exterior surfaces of the body. With the Kidd base pad they are USPSA legal and can hold 21+1 rounds of .40 cal.

I've got to catch a plane for some good old Army training, but when I get back I'll try my best to answer any questions.

TT

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

T T:

Ive got several of the blue pro mags and have modified them to except

Para Dawson base pads the work good but the most I can get in them

is 19 even the ones with the aredondo base pads I couldnt seems to

figure out how you got 20 in them ,What am I missing? Im using the

gramms stuff in them. I ask Tony Kidd for one of those base pads

no dice any help would be appreciated got several folks trying

this set-up. Im a gunsmith but can mention my shop on this forum. ;)

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

T T :)

Do you have any part numbers for the EAA mags> Ive tryed some of

the guys EAA mags around here and they dont work=wont go in the

High Cap Caspian.

Any of the rest of ya all using the EAA mags in the high cap 40

caspian??.

Jim

Sailors Custom

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just an update for you. I received a prototype pad from Caspian for the tubes I have pictured, and they are looking great. Caspian is doing everything possible to get you these new mags ASAP. Stay tuned.

I'm sorry, I don't have computer access so I can't answer your PM's.

Travis

• 2 months later...
Just an update for you. I received a prototype pad from Caspian for the tubes I have pictured, and they are looking great. Caspian is doing everything possible to get you these new mags ASAP. Stay tuned.

Quite honestly, it looks like Caspian is doing everything possible to scuttle the success of their own hi-cap product. How long can it take to tool up for magazine tubes?

No doubt, especially when there are off the shelf components that can be made to work. Offer SOMETHING!!!

No she-ite! The few examples I've handled (well, fondled actually) got me to thinking about owning one. But I'd rather not spend my money on something that nice when I can't feed it (anybody remember the Bren 10?). A great design, but without mags, it's worthless.