Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian Mag Updates

Alan Meek

This is Gary's posting on the 1911 forum iunregards to the Caspian Mags status

Alan

The 19 round 9mm/38s are at heat treat as I write this. When they come back they need to be tweeked, finished and assembled. They will be available very shortly. As far as the 40 goes, we will probably be offering tubes similiar to the Craig style of the 90s with some minor improvements. Followers, springs and baseplates for the 40 are already widely available from various manufacturers. We expect to have tubes soon.

Gary Smith

caspianarm@aol.com

802 72 6454

Caspian Mags

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I called Gary at Caspian again today (Tuesday 3/22) to find out more about the .40 tubes. He said that he hoped to have something out in a few weeks based on the Craig mags. He said an improved model would follow but did not specify how long after the initial mags come out. He also said he hoped to post something on all the forums to keep everyone updated

Todd

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm leary of steel frames now, I hear they "wear" :blink: in the grip area from use, I'll stick with plastic (S_I) for now (I have very hard hands) untill there is more feedback on them metal guns. Maybe it is just "Euro steel"?

Them are some purdy mags though, availability? capacity?

Crusher if you are worried about Steel frames, Caspian does make a Titanium frame that should not exhibit any wear like the Euro-steel does   :ph34r:

I'm sure good ol' U.S. of A. steel doesn't show "normal use" like the stuff from Eastern Europe.

Back on topic: that is a f@#$ing GORGEOUS mag! *SCHWING!!!*

I'm leary of steel frames now, I hear they "wear" :blink:  in the grip area from use, I'll stick with plastic (S_I) for now (I have very hard hands) untill there is more feedback on them metal guns. Maybe it is just "Euro steel"?

Them are some purdy mags though, availability? capacity?

:D:D:D:D:D

too funny

I want mags!!! These ProMags aren't sturdy enough for an oaf like me. I love the pistol, how about $300 for the pair of your mags TT? :D

"therein lies one answer. (.40)."

NOW we are talking! Great news that its a .40; when can we expect these for general use & any idea how much $$$?

Perhaps we should also start an "Available Caspian 140mm base plate" list for manufacturers/suppliers?

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

PS - As for allegedly modified steel frame, I ask you this: how does the gun in the picture differ from all the 85 Combat II's you have examined? (kinda tall order since there are NO known examples in the USA). You mean to say you made an unsupported judgement on the gun never having examined an 85 Combat II before? You put your judgement over that of the Arbitration Committee who actually HAVE seen 85 Combat IIs before? Hey, people believe in crop circles, bigfoot & nessie; you are free to believe whatever you want.