Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some of the “outlaw” match directors have been thinking/talking/planning some kind of “series” for several years. It seems that there was always some sort of “glitch:” Money, Sponsors already stretched too thin, logistics…always something!

So, we’re going to start small, with more of a grass roots kind of thing. We wanted something that gave you a chance to compare your scores with others over the whole year, but a more “friendly” competition. Something where if you mess up, you can really laugh and not feel like you lost everything!

Shooters pay $20, shoot some outlaw matches from the challenge, see how they rate against others (and themselves) and have fun! We’re hoping people will be interested in joining! The application is available at: http://outlaw3gunchallenge.webs.com/ ALL money collected to join will be given out as prizes minus a small amount for postage.

On the application, everyone has the opportunity, but is in no way required to donate to 5 worthy organizations: Disabled American Veterans, Task Force Dagger, Gen III scholarship program, MGM Junior Camp and/or NRAWC Adventure Camp. It seemed like a good way to do some good while having some fun!

We’re excited to announce: :goof:

Outlaw 3-Gun Challenge

Mission: To celebrate and value the origins of 3-Gun and cherish the idea that 3-Gun is FUN!

The challenge and the matches that are participating are dedicated to the original values and comradery of competitive 3-Gun.

The Outlaw 3-Gun challenge includes (in calendar order): Superstition Mystery Mountain, He-Man 3-Gun Nationals, MGM Ironman, Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, Generation III 3-Gun, Fallen Brethren and Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun.

This is a challenge for those shooters who, when they say “I would still shoot 3-Gun without the prizes,” mean it! We will take all the money collected and give it back as prizes. Top 3 and then the most consistent shooter and most improved shooter plus other prizes depending on turn out, so everyone should try to do their best and everyone has a chance to win at least one of the prizes.

Goal: To promote the spirit of competition to improve your own performance and for the love of the 3-Gun game. 3-Gun began with SOF and the IMGA, and we want to celebrate the matches that are true to the roots of 3-Gun. We want to value the differences and the different “flavors” of the matches, so there will be no attempt to change rules or divisions or the current ideals of any match. Scores will be percent of finish in whatever division you shoot in. For this first year, it will be top 2 scores for the top score prizes, but we will consider all reported scores for most consistent and most improved.

The challenge is NOT for: shooters who are trying to win big money.

The challenge IS for: Shooters who shoot 3-Gun for fun and to hang out with like-minded people and celebrate the differences and amazing “flavors” of the “outlaw” matches that are all around the country.

Why should you spend the $20???

•To gain some bragging rights if you are or are not in another series.
•Because you could win your money and a bit more back.
•Though we are not actively looking for sponsors, if we get gift certificates from sponsors, they will get to determine what place people get to win the prize and so even more people can win.
•To celebrate the original values and comradery of 3-Gun.
•To give something that is centered around fun and competition, not the big money, a try.
•Why not?? It’s only costs as much as 3 hoity toity coffees!

So, what do you think?? Questions??

Check out our facebook page: Outlaw 3-Gun Challenge

email: outlaw3gun@gmail.com

Edited by Benelli Chick

Huh???

You shoot the matches. We get your scores!

You shoot better than other people to win...

You shoot better or more consistently or improve the most to avoid losing.

We're using your scores from the matches in the Outlaw 3-Gun challenge that you shoot!

I think I don't understand the question! :surprise:

Huh???

You shoot the matches. We get your scores!

You shoot better than other people to win...

You shoot better or more consistently or improve the most to avoid losing.

We're using your scores from the matches in the Outlaw 3-Gun challenge that you shoot!

I think I don't understand the question! :surprise:

Best 2, 3, 4, or 5 scores count? % of division winner is your points? Several of the matches are already full. So how do we play?

We're just doing percent of individual division for everyone. I can figure that on from points if it's not already calculated!

My plan is to have division listed so you know how the other people who are shooting the same gear are doing compared to you.

WE have no idea if this will be popular, so didn't want to limit those small division people anymore than they are out at the matches. If they recognize the division at the match, you get a score!

:surprise:

Think you should include Hard-as-Hell, they are very "out-law", They are so out-law that the first two years the only prizes were teeshirt's, and you had to finish or be "Physically unable to continue" to get one.

I'll send my money, only shooting SMM3G tho...

Think you should include Hard-as-Hell, they are very "out-law", They are so out-law that the first two years the only prizes were teeshirt's, and you had to finish or be "Physically unable to continue" to get one.

Now that's my kind of match!

• 2 weeks later...

Fun day at SMM3G, the first of the Outlaw 3-Gun Challenge matches! :goof:

You only have to shoot 2 of: SMM3G, He-Man Nationals, MGM Ironman, Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, Gen III 3-Gun, Fallen Brethren, and Blueridge Mountain to be able to win! :-) (There may be another match, not confirmed yet!)

Minimum awards:

Top 3 using best 2 scores

Most improved, most consistent use all the matches you shoot in the challenge!

Applications at: http://outlaw3gunchallenge.webs.com/ :lol:

:wub: Denise

Although, we are just getting started, we have 4 Outlaw 3-Gun Challenge participants, and the scores from the first match of the challenge (Superstition Mystery Mountain) are posted at: http://outlaw3gunchallenge.webs.com/

We got a late start, and will be taking applications until June 1, 2015 for the 2015 Outlaw 3-Gun challenge!

Remember, it's for fun and bragging rights, so join us and have a little fun with us!! Check out our facebook page: Outlaw 3-Gun Challenge!

You can also donate to DAV, Task Force Dagger, the Gen III Junior fund, MGM Junior Camp and Adventure Camp at the Whittington Center at the same time!! Fun, Competition AND great charities!!!

Thanks to those of you who signed up lickety split and even donated to one or more of our charities! :bow:

• 2 months later...

He-Man 3-Gun Nationals is over and the scores for Outlaw 3-Gun Challenge Participants are posted at: http://outlaw3gunchallenge.webs.com/

Right this moment, the 2nd match of the 3rd Outlaw 3-Gun Challenge Event is going on up in Parma, ID! MGM Ironman!

Remember, to shoot me and email to be sure I update your scores!

Rocky Mountain 3-Gun will be the next event, August 13-16, 2016.

Remember, you need only attend 2 of the 7 matches to be eligible to win fabulous prizes! But, you must enter to win!

Curtis Brotherston - 1st

JJ Johnson - 2nd

Fermin Ortega - 3rd

That's the standings for best 2 scores for the Outlaw 3-Gun Challenge currently...okay, okay, Kuan only has one score and has a 100...but, maybe you should think about signing up! :-)

WE are giving out at least $350 and that's if no one else signs up!

We also have $170 raised for our charities!!! Come on, join us!!!

http://outlaw3gunchallenge.webs.com/

Maybe next year if you are doing this again and I can make it to 2 matches. Blue Ridge is always a must attend match for me. Several of if matches you listed are ones I want to attend, but the cost of flying and such is out of my grasp when I can spend less and drive to other matches con shoot more.

Maybe, there should be more outlaw matches on tho east cost! Fingers crossed for TFDs return next year, that one will have to be added to the outlaw list if it is held next year.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Drumroll PLEASE!!!!!

So, it's time to give out all the money we received as prizes to the following AMAZING people! :goof:

1st PLACE - Kuan Watson with 100 at He-Man Nationals and 97.315 at Rocky Mountain 3-Gun for 197.315 ($120)
2nd PLACE - Curtis Brotherston with 100 at Fallen Brethren and 87.538 at He-Man Nationals for 187.538 ($80)
3rd PLACE - Charles "Tate" Moots with 94.424 at Rocky Mountain 3-Gun and 86.886 at He-Man Nationals for 181.31 ($60)...
We gave 2 most improved:
Richard Lindsey who shot 3 matches and went from 47.053 to 74.873 ($50) AND Robert Vlastelica who shot 4 matches and went from 46.315 up to 69.1 ($50)
Also, Tom Campbell will receive $20 for...reasons! :devil:
He WAS the very first to sign up! :surprise:

THANKS so much to all of you for playing in our inaugural year! I think we're going to try one more time in 2016. Hopefully, we'll get some more chatter and have some fun! Applications will be out soon at http://outlaw3gunchallenge.webs.com/!!!

• 1 month later...

And we're BACK!!!

All the matches that we asked for the first year are back and ready to go. So, I've updated the application for 2016.

Go to: http://outlaw3gunchallenge.webs.com/

We also have a Facebook page if anyone is interested! It's called...Outlaw 3-Gun Challenge! :devil:

We're hoping to have a bit more interest this year! If you have videos from the matches you shot that are part of the challenge, please post them. Antagonize each other...call each other out!! Let's have some fun with this!!!

The matches that are signed up are: (in order of appearance) Superstition Mystery Mountain, He-Man 3-Gun Nationals, Ironman, Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, Generation III, Fallen Brethren and Blueridge Mountain!!!

:goof:

• 4 weeks later...

We've added two new matches to the Outlaw 3-Gun challenge...so now, we have 9! We're very excited to add Texas 3-Gun Championship and Northwest Multigun Challenge returning after a year hiatus!

Start getting signed up. The first event is the first weekend in April, and then busy, busy, busy! You still only need two to be able to win cash! (Well a check because it's stupid to send cash in the mail!)

Applications and information are available at: http://outlaw3gunchallenge.webs.com/

Superstition Mystery Mountain - April 1-3, 2016

Texas 3-Gun Championship - April 8-10, 2016

He-Man 3-Gun Nationals - May 14-14, 2016

Ironman - June 5-7, 9-11, 2016

Northwest Multigun Challenge - July 8-10, 2016

Rocky Mountain 3-Gun - August 11-14, 2016

Generation III 3-Gun - Sept 9-10, 2016

Fallen Brethren - Sept 30-Oct 2, 2016

Blueridge 3-Gun - Oct 13-15, 2016