Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Race Master Holster "Block"

rcc96

Recently purchased a Para holster block for my race master holster and find the weapon to be very loose,you can rock the nose at least a 1/2" up and down and the weapon feels like it wants to fall forward out of the holster.

Lock works just very very sloppy ...

Any experiences?

Thanks.

Rcc

Para trigger guards vary in thickness (measured front to back) where the RM holds the gun. I am guessing that 1911's may have the same issue. What Saul did for me is send me an undercut block so I could tweak it for the best fit. I fit the block for a gun that I have that was built on a P-14 frame but another P-16 based gun is loose like you describe. The lock works great, the gun is somewhat loose. I put a patch of velcro (the fuzzy part) on the block under the dust cover to take up some of the slop. It works OK. My permanent fix is to go STI...

Later,

Chuck

The round trigger guard is also part of the problem. You may want to consider the optional Muzzle support. It is specifically recommended for 1911s, Paras, and other round trigger guard pistols. A custom fit block would probably help as well. Maybe you can get Saul to send you just the sliding insert. That's what you will actually be modifying.

Recently purchased a Para holster block for my race master holster and find the weapon to be very loose,you can rock the nose at least a 1/2" up and down and the weapon feels like it wants to fall forward out of the holster.

Lock works just very very sloppy ...

Any experiences?

Thanks.

Rcc

Are you military by chance? :)

Archived