Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 - Hammer and FP springs question

I used to run the Wolf and tried many different combos along with clipping coils etc. and I still got light strikes. Ever since I put the EG light hammer and FP springs in my Stock II's I haven't had a single light strike that I remember. And I didn't pile up extra trigger pull weight in the process. The trigger feels the same if not better with the EG than the Wolff combos but just my personal opinion and my experiences. Being reliable is what will keep me using them but I would also say it wouldn't be bad to add a Henning XL firing pin with it

I used to run the Wolf and tried many different combos along with clipping coils etc. and I still got light strikes. Ever since I put the EG light hammer and FP springs in my Stock II's I haven't had a single light strike that I remember. And I didn't pile up extra trigger pull weight in the process. The trigger feels the same if not better with the EG than the Wolff combos but just my personal opinion and my experiences. Being reliable is what will keep me using them but I would also say it wouldn't be bad to add a Henning XL firing pin with it

I plan on doing the Henning XL FP as well.. thanks for your input.

A buddy and me are both setting up our new Stock 2's.. and want to go the "budget trigger job" route first.. our research pointed highly to these spring upgrades and I was curious about the difference.

We are leaning against getting the delta hammer upgrade at the start.. seeing how good it can get with some more affordable upgrades..

Thanks..

Edit: did you need to get the extended firing pin block also? There is some mention of it on some parts websites that you need this when upgrading to the Henning firing pin.

Edited by earthshine402

• 4 weeks later...

I have used both the factory and delta hammers and I ended up putting the Delta in both my Stock II's and in my New Stock III and I think the hammer is a worthy upgrade. Is it an absolute necessity? I guess not but to me if you want to get the most out of your Tanfo then the hammer does make a difference. It does give the SA a crisper feel and supposedly does hit the firing pin with a little more ummphhh which just adds reliability. I found out the hard way on how easily light strikes can occur when I got my first Tanfo and was chasing the "awesome light trigger" and you gotta find a way to balance things out. Enough of my rambling, lol

• 1 month later...

Gump can you measure the length of EG FPS?

On Ben's site he has a spring kit which has a reduced power recoil spring and a stiffer firing pin spring. Wouldn't a heavier fp spring make it more likely to have light strikes?

Yes it does. Wolf sell them as a safety thing. You lost definitely don't want a heavier fp spring in a competition gun.

Here you go SISIG, 2's all the way across

post-47835-143160640008_thumb.jpg

Here you go SISIG, 2's all the way across

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431606393.441768.jpg

??