Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rcbs collet bullet puller vs hornady cam lock bullet puller

After having seen both in action, I bought the RCBS.

I use it in a single stage Lee using the Lee QC bushing for quick set up. A bit expensive for its purpose, but a hell of a lot cleaner than a kinetic puller!

That said, I bet I have used the thing less than 100 times. lol

After having seen both in action, I bought the RCBS.

I use it in a single stage Lee using the Lee QC bushing for quick set up. A bit expensive for its purpose, but a hell of a lot cleaner than a kinetic puller!

That said, I bet I have used the thing less than 100 times. lol

I have the RCBS. For doing a lot of pulling, i.e. 600+ 9 mm it was better than banging away, besides you can save the bullets and powder.

Jay

I saw this the other day and thought it was pretty darn neat. http://grip-n-pull.com/

I have thought about purchasing this product for some time. Fortunately, I have not had to pull more than a half dozen bullets in several years.

With this, pistol calibers are a bit labor intensive, it appears. But then, the damn hammer thingy is the pits!

I saw this the other day and thought it was pretty darn neat. http://grip-n-pull.com/

I have thought about purchasing this product for some time. Fortunately, I have not had to pull more than a half dozen bullets in several years.

With this, pistol calibers are a bit labor intensive, it appears. But then, the damn hammer thingy is the pits!

Well, if you think about it, it's really not any more labor intensive than having to change collets for the die style puller. And yeah, I hate the hammer puller. I've seen photos of primers detonating with them. It's ugly, and dangerous.

Archived