Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Belt to wide to thick

JAB

Has anyone found that the DAA belts are just a shade wider and thicker then the CR belts. I bought one last week and tried to put my holster on it but only could get it on the belt a few inches. Then I was going to try to see if my mag pouches would fit and not a chance.

My 50th Post!

The DAA Belt is just a little bigger, but I was able to get everything on with some work.

Everything I put on had screws on the hangers, a little compression to get the screws started and tighten them up.

It's a great belt and worth the effort imho.

DAA belts are in fact wider. They do it on purpose so that the holster and mag pouches stay put. If you go to the DAA website, it says it on there. I love that it is wider for this reason. Once you get the gear on, it's not moving. Like zzw, my gear has the screws on the hangers too so you don't need to slide them, you just put them where you want and screw down the back plate.

http://www.doublealpha.biz/ipsc-holsters-rigs/belts/double-alpha-competition-belt

daa_zpssvn3my4k.jpg

DAA gear fits the DAA belt with no fuss. Everything else fits, with a little fuss. As stated above, you cannot slide gear onto the belt. You have to remove the clamping mechanism, position it on the belt, "snap" it onto the belt and then fasten. Some holsters/hangers come with screws that make life a little difficult.

For example, I first used a BladeTech holster mounted on a BOSS hanger. I got the BOSS snapped onto the belt, but could not get the screws started because I could not compress the belt enough by hand. So I went to the hardware store and bought four 1/4" longer screws and used them. I left them a little loose so I could slide the holster around on the belt to get the best position, then really tightened the screws. That compresses the belt. The longer screws stuck out by 1/4", so one by one I replaced them with the original screws. A nuclear blast would not dislodge that hanger.

I just replaced that setup with a DAA Race Master holster. It literally took seconds to install.

So what every one seems to be saying is if your going to use a DAA belt then buy DAA holster and mag pouches if you want male things easy to put on your belt

Edited by JAB

So what every one seems to be saying is if your going to use a DAA belt then buy DAA holster and mag pouches if you want male things easy to put on your belt

Technically you are correct. DAA gear is easy to put on DAA belts. Other brands are not easy to put on but they will go on.

I think it is worth the effort to install stuff as it's more solid than a CR speed. If you just wanna throw stuff on and set the belt in 5 min get the CR speed or if you have one belt and wanna change stuff over to shoot different divisions then get the CR speed as it's not an easy swap. If you wanna set it up once and leave it the double alpha is a much stiffer belt

I just decided I was going to shoot two divisions. I'll just buy a second belt. The belt's the cheap part. It's the stuff you put on it that costs.

Absolutely, two belts works great for two divisions. I just leave my two belts set up all the time, one for Production, one for Limited. (one DA belt, one CR, like both)

Eric

Edited by eric4069

Getting CR mag pouches on a DAA belt is tough... I had to file the inside of the mag pouches a bit and then put the DAA belt in a vise to squeeze the tip of ther belt down so I could get the mag pouches started... then I wiggled them into place... Now that they are located, they are rock solid!

CR Speed pouches will go on a DAA belt. It is a challenge and you might need to drink some water in between each pouch, but they will go on. As others have said they stay put once there.

I found this to be very true. My 3-gun belt is DAA with CR mag pouches. It is very tough but they do go on and stay put.