Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC vs CK Arms 9mm Open

JAF1680

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullets can still strike the comp in a Trubor.

And what would cause that to start happening midway through a match that would be STI's fault?

The question goes beyond my technical knowledge. I can only say I have seen Trubors with comp strike issues.

Bullets can still strike the comp in a Trubor.

And what would cause that to start happening midway through a match that would be STI's fault?

The question goes beyond my technical knowledge. I can only say I have seen Trubors with comp strike issues.

I've only seen it when the comp was really full of lead/carbon build-up, but I fail to see how that would be STI's fault.

Ming, again I don't know but I would be surprised as new as the pistols are that they have enough rounds down the pipe to lead up the baffle holes in a comp. Unless maybe the baffle holes are tight...?? Really just wild guesses. Not weighing in on what happened or why.

Go back and read noxiums posts I have been to be shop and learned for 4 days. CK guns are set as far as serration patterns etc FGW guns you choose what you want. ALL the slide to frame fitting is done by hand along with barrel fitting and chamfering. Hand fitting to a tight fit that needs to be broken in, not production line fit to where they function easily with out break in. Trigger job done using EGW parts, and safety hand fit. Following the fitting of the parts by ONE man. Bobby takes each one out and personally shoots ea one for function test. After that they are looked over and prepped to be shipped out for coating, when they come back one more function test then a cleaning and put in the patriot cases case and ready to ship. CK can be bought from retailers like Shooters Connection and others. FGW is shipped from Bobby's shop to your FFL for transfer.

I found it in about 20 sec. Googling sTI 2011 factory then looking at the vid results.

Anyway it's here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPWt1-G2VYk

That video can't be right - STI uses junk MIM internals. I read it on this thread.

The vid states they edm hammers, Sears, stunts and sights. What about disconector, main spring housing parts, slide stop, safety, grip safety? STI has openly said they use mim parts, saferies for one.

• 5 months later...

Now that the DVC open gun has been out for awhile. Read the posts with start up problems. How do you all feel about the comparison between the 2 now? I am going to go for one shortly. I love my G17 open gun for 3-gun & minor, but shooting more USPSA and want a 2011 to make 9mm major. How do they compare in the grip and feel? I have handled STI Trubores, but no CK's. Like the look of both.

gerritm

Well the ck uses the sTI grip (unless you go steel grip). It's just been stippled and undercut like the DVC grip. It'll feel basicaly like the dvc.

My choice would be (and is) the ck for many reasons. Most have been covered in this thread.

Mine is running well now with around 800 rounds through it. I was running it wet at an indoor range to test cycling and mags. The last 200 rounds have been fine. I will compete with it, still need to chrono my loads too. Anybody using Longshot and have a recipe? Loading them longer with no spacers or shorter with spacers?

Mine is running well now with around 800 rounds through it. I was running it wet at an indoor range to test cycling and mags. The last 200 rounds have been fine. I will compete with it, still need to chrono my loads too. Anybody using Longshot and have a recipe? Loading them longer with no spacers or shorter with spacers?

How do the mags that come with the DVC work? Run OK from the factory?

Anyone know the weight of the CK with polymer grip? Can't seem to find it on their website. DVC show 48oz.

Wish the CK came with mags.

gerritm

I have one Freedom Gunworks Open gun, one Freedom Gunworks Limited gun, and two CK Arms guns (1-Open, 1-IDPA Legal). Each and every gun has functioned perfectly. As stated in a previous post the CK Arms guns are fitted very tight and need to be broke in. If you have any issues with any of the CK or Freedom guns Bobby will take care of it.

I have worked on and handled three DVC's in the last few weeks and Beyond a shadow of a doubt the CK is a better choice. The triggers on every DVC I have handled were crap and the fitting sub par. Two of the open guns were having cases getting stuck in the mount. They don't even bother to tune the ejector. For the money there are far better options. They look cool but that's it.