Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun Glocks

Shooter212

408711237.jpg

I wish I had a better picture, but they're all on FB, not a picture hosting site. (Top gun obviously. Bottom is my EDC.)

I've been using a G34 for the past 3 years and even through the two years I shot 3GN Pro Series, it wasn't the pistol holding me back.

I like to keep it simple- MOD 1 undercut and stipple was by far the best upgrade to the stock gun. Followed by Dawson adjustable sights. The ZEV trigger is nice, but if it was my dollars I was spending, I'd get just a ZEV connector and spring kit and skip the $200 trigger. Taran Tactical basepads are REQUIRED, and the JP mag well gives a great index point for the lower part of my hand. Other than that- practice is worth more than any STI, Infinity, or Ray-Gun.

very nice stippling.

This is relevant to my interests.

I decided not to spend the coin on another 2011 this season. Ordered some Taran sights and base pads, new holster/mag pouches and a talon grip. i wanted to give the talon grip a shot before I go to town with the dremel and soldering pen. I've got some cheapo magwell at the moment, but once the Zev option I want is back in stock I'll pick one up.

I decided not to spend the coin on another 2011 this season. Ordered some Taran sights and base pads, new holster/mag pouches and a talon grip. i wanted to give the talon grip a shot before I go to town with the dremel and soldering pen. I've got some cheapo magwell at the moment, but once the Zev option I want is back in stock I'll pick one up.

Good choice with the TTI sights and base pads. Having shot glocks first with grip tape, then going to self performed grip reduction with silicon carbide texture, then to a grip reduction with stippling I'd recommend skipping the Talon grip and going straight to stippling.

Good choice with the TTI sights and base pads. Having shot glocks first with grip tape, then going to self performed grip reduction with silicon carbide texture, then to a grip reduction with stippling I'd recommend skipping the Talon grip and going straight to stippling.

I just had a reduction and SiC after shooting my glock for 2 years with grip tape on it. I wish I had sent it out the day I bought the gun.

These are awesome. What coating did you use?

Both were done with a custom mixed cerakote color, work was done by BattleKote out of Tucson, AZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool. How is it holding up?

The cerakote has been media blasted and they are coated with TiN now, and that stuff doesn't blemish at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your like the 99% of shooters who can't drop the coin to get into high end 3 gun equip all at once, pistol is definitely the last area to spend the money.

Sights, base pads and a solid holster will get you very competitive while using an otherwise stock plastic pistol. Shotgun, she'll caddies and AR optics come well, well before.

I just had a reduction and SiC after shooting my glock for 2 years with grip tape on it. I wish I had sent it out the day I bought the gun.

Who did you end up sending it to? I've yet to run into anyone who has had a grip reduction done that I could try out before I commit to it. Another reason I didnt go straight to stippling it. I dont want to mess with anything until Im 100% sure on the route I want to take. The Talon grip is just a cheap, temporary fix to a problem until I decide what to do.

Who did you end up sending it to? I've yet to run into anyone who has had a grip reduction done that I could try out before I commit to it. Another reason I didnt go straight to stippling it. I dont want to mess with anything until Im 100% sure on the route I want to take. The Talon grip is just a cheap, temporary fix to a problem until I decide what to do.

Zev. I did single undercut, 50% backstrap reduction, finger grooves removed and medium grit on the grip and up on the frame where your thumbs index. I used the dawson stick on grip tape before doing this. This has the same texture but I like the grip contour way better now.

I know it's a long ways off but if you are shooting the Indiana state championships in September I will have my gun there.

G35.jpg

G352.jpg

Edited by darkvibe