Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

147 Truncated Nose

praetorian97

Anyone loading the 147 flat nose bullet for their SP01s?

A few of us locally are getting jams on unload show clear command. During course of fire its fine because the bullet has left the case when the case is attempting to be ejected.

On USC you are trying to rip the bullet out of the chamber.

OAL 1.135

If you are what OAL are you getting away with?

post-46637-0-30889300-1425673767_thumb.p

Edited by praetorian97

Not exactly what you are asking .. but I use Blue Bullets 147r LRN at 1.092 OAL and 3.3gr of 231.

I went with the RN to get the best possible feeding and so far it has worked well (except with Aguila brass, but that's another story).

That's asking for trouble unless you've throated your blaster. Process variation is going to give you +/- 0.005" or so, and there's the risk that long rounds will cause binding in the magazine.

I've throated all my CZs and learned to keep my seating die set to 1.125".

That's asking for trouble unless you've throated your blaster. Process variation is going to give you +/- 0.005" or so, and there's the risk that long rounds will cause binding in the magazine.

I've throated all my CZs and learned to keep my seating die set to 1.125".

What bullet are you running at 1.125?

Selecw - Its seems that the shoulders on the 147 FN are wider than the RN. So it will get stuck in the chamber. Curious what length I would need to push these back to.

That's interesting. I can load the RN to about 1.1 without issues.

Running 147 Bayou over 3.4 N320, OAL 1.140 in a pair of CZ 75 SP01 Tacticals. No problems at all.

Same load in the CZ's, 4 G17's, 2 1911 9mm's and a M&P Pro. Runs 128-132 PF depending on the gun.

Anyone loading the 147 flat nose bullet for their SP01s?

A few of us locally are getting jams on unload show clear command. During course of fire its fine because the bullet has left the case when the case is attempting to be ejected.

On USC you are trying to rip the bullet out of the chamber.

OAL 1.135

If you are what OAL are you getting away with?

At 1.13" with the Bear Creek version of this bullet, I had no issues with the stock CZ barrels. I have throated most of mine and I have gotten away with 1.160". I would have gone further but I was already close to the max of my magazines. In both scenarious, they functioned flawlessly with 500 rounds of each length.

OP I would try seating them deeper to 1.13" or 1.125" and try again.

Edited by himurax13

That picture looks like a Blue Bullet 147 FP. That's my favorite bullet. I've had about 9000 of them through a CZ85, My Shadow and My son's Shadow. All were at 1.12 and I've had zero failures.

What's the advantage of the FP over the RN? There seems to be consensus that the RN doesn't have the problem.

Edited by SDM

What's the advantage of the FP over the RN? There seems to be consensus that the RN doesn't have the problem.

Cost and availability. I can get the Flat Point for a very reasonable price @ www.leatherheadbullets.com

I'd prefer the 147 in a round nose but more money doesn't justify it.

Start with 1.05" to 1.1"--this resolved my issue. Good luck!

I can load round nose out to 1.17 but I have to keep flat nose bullets down to 1.06. I have not throated my barrel.

I tried 1.125 and they all shot and fed but I had a couple that got caught on the feed ramp. Going to try shorter.