Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Stock 2 Light strike question

justpaul

Hey Guys,

I bought a used Stock 2 on here that had a bunch of extra parts on it and one of them was the Extreme Hammer (delta)

the gun is setup with

CGW TRS

CGW Sear spring

13 pound hammer spring

Extreme Firing pin

9 pound recoil spring

I use Winchester primers and don't want the Gun to have a light strike ever.. My cz has fired 14000 rounds without one

Anyways.. I bought the gun and the trigger is very nice in da and sa and when I shoot it I am getting Light strikes about every 60th round

the gun came with extra parts new in the box so I put in a wolf 14 pound hammer spring part number 15114 and I thought this would resolve it.. the weird thing is the da hammer turned into like 20 pounds and there was tons of stacking

I cut off a single coil and the da felt ok again but then light strikes

I ordered the Henning Extended firing pin from Bens site so that will go in (SOON).. it shipped today

when I compare the wolf springs and the spring that came out of my used gun they are not the same

here is a picture .

The new hammer spring from wolf is the shorter spring on the top

the spring that came out of my gun when I bought it is on the bottom

At this point I am not sure what is going on

any help would be great

here is a picture of the hammer and hooks also

post-45656-0-52362500-1425584723_thumb.j

post-45656-0-64599300-1425585195_thumb.j

Edited by justpaul

I'd bet if you used Federal primers with the original setup all your problems would go away; if you're dead set on using Winchester primers you can either risk the occasional light strike or mess with heavier springs until you get it to function.

Are you sure what you had in the box was not the original hammer spring? What is the OD of the coil? bigger than 0.0315"?

Edited by kneelingatlas

Mine has the stock hammer, whatever Firing Pin spring that came with the Wolf recoil spring from the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop with a coil or 2 cut off, 14# hammer spring, 10lb recoil spring, Henning XL Firing Pin, and a click pen plunger spring.

It pops CCI 100%, but I switched to Federal on principle.

I will go to federal if I have to but I use a fully automated Dillon 1050 (Forst Autodrive) and have loaded over 60K rounds without any problems and have smashed a bunch in the press and never had any light off.

I ordered all new parts from Bens site that shipped today so I will replace everything new and go from there.

Thx for the reply

Here is what I bought

post-45656-0-28190500-1425610149_thumb.j

I was smashing Federal primers regularly until I started using case lube. The spray on case lube seems to cut down on the deformed primers significantly.

The crushed primers never were a problem for me, they just ended up as practice ammo and never failed to go off.

EG "light" hammer and FP spring with Henning XL FP has popped every federal I've had. I pretty much have accepted that Feds are the choice in my Stock II's but use Winchesters in my other Tanfos. If you have issues with that setup then try the EG "medium" spring possibly. And if that don't work I got an Extreme model (cerakoted) Stock II that I'll trade you for your chrome one;-) since I'm a Limited and open whore now