Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to mount red dot on M3000?

igolfat8

Yep, drilled and tapped. Makes it real easy. I kinda want to get another stock m3000 for bird hunting and slap a new vortex viper on there when they release them since im left eye dominant and suck with a shotgun.

Edited by Nebwake

Putting a large diameter tube type red-dot up on top of the rail is VERY high. Your cheek weld will suffer unless you add a cheek rest to the stock. I put a Fastfire III on mine, but even went so far as to notch the receiver so it would co-witness with the rib and bead. An enterprising fellow could probably mill picatinny grooves into the top rear of the receiver to get it lower, but biggest drawback to the TRS-25 style sights is loss of field of vision. The body and controls block a huge amount of the area you need to see, especially for aerial clays or bird hunting.

Yep, drilled and tapped. Makes it real easy. I kinda want to get another stock m3000 for bird hunting and slap a new vortex viper on there when they release them since im left eye dominant and suck with a shotgun.

Same Same. The only reason I shoot open division is because I am severely left eye dominant but totally clumsy shooting left-handed. Using the Fastfire on the shotgun allows me to shoot both eyes open without feeling like I am looking down the side of the rib :)

Putting a large diameter tube type red-dot up on top of the rail is VERY high. Your cheek weld will suffer unless you add a cheek rest to the stock. I put a Fastfire III on mine, but even went so far as to notch the receiver so it would co-witness with the rib and bead. An enterprising fellow could probably mill picatinny grooves into the top rear of the receiver to get it lower, but biggest drawback to the TRS-25 style sights is loss of field of vision. The body and controls block a huge amount of the area you need to see, especially for aerial clays or bird hunting.

The Viper red dot coming out is a tiny FF'ish sized 6 moa dot. I like the idea about notching the reciver to fit the RMR. Could you post some pics of that with some of the dims you milled off? (nevermind I'm dumb.. you were replying to the OP about the TRS25)

Edited by Nebwake