Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

stock ll 9mm on gunbroker

walrus76

Supply and demand; we may not agree with it but it was worth it to someone. If the importer would bring more of them in maybe they wouldn't fetch these ridiculous prices.

Oak hill has a store site and have the 9mm listed as out of stock at $969.00

I find it a little dishonest that they put their inventory on GB and never even inform customers of the gun's arrival.

I signed up for notifications.

Will not buy anything from them in the future.

I find it a little dishonest that they put their inventory on GB and never even inform customers of the gun's arrival.

I thought the same thing. I also signed up for notifications. Davidson's received 4 of these guns. I called them 3 minutes after their notification went out and was told they were gone in a matter of seconds. Tough to believe.

I thought the same thing. I also signed up for notifications. Davidson's received 4 of these guns. I called them 3 minutes after their notification went out and was told they were gone in a matter of seconds. Tough to believe.

Get a CZ!

Your prerogative, but with tight supply and high demand, they go at a premium. If EAA would get a lot imported, prices would be reasonable and maybe even aftermarket parts supply would perk up.

They have put them out there with "buy it now" at $1k before, and they sell instantly; I guess they finally decided to go to the trouble of just leaving an open ended auction and getting more.

There is currently a Limited Pro 9 out there for $1k, it is the same thing, but no one wants it since Ben doesn't shoot it I guess.

I'd like to chime in on this topic. As a retailer myself, I agree with AlphaSeeker. I do not agree with the policy of listing something at one price when that item is out of stock and them bumping the price up after the fact. Classic form of bait and switch. I think this is dishonest. I do not list items for sale on our website, or in our store for that matter, unless I plan on actually selling the item through that venue. That said, when it comes to highly sought after items like the Stock II 9MM, I believe in selling them at market value and getting the most I can for them. I have been burned way too many times by offering something up at a highly discounted price, only to watch the buyer turn around and sell the item at full market value. It's a fine line, but I try to be as fair as possible. I have actually sold a couple Stock II 9mm Pistols to forum members recently at what I consider to be fair prices based on market value. Sometimes I will put guns for sale on GunBroker and start them out at 1 penny. It is always amazing to me to watch them sell for numbers far beyond I expect to get for them. When that happens, I have zero say in the price. The market truly dictates what they sell for. It's a bit crazy at times. In my opinion, the real culprit here is the manufacturer. Their inability (or unwillingness) to import more is the cause for such high prices through high demand and a lack of supply. It's different with other high dollar guns. Take a gun like a Colt Python for example. They go for crazy money sometimes, but I understand it in this case because they are no longer in production and they have become true collectors items. There is no reason for a current production gun like the Stock II to sell for what it sells for other than the pure demand. People want them. They are a great pistol. And yet, someone in the supply chain has decided to choke the market and let them trickle in.

Edited by idHawk

during the 'crazy times' a box of 500 rds of 22lr was selling on line on auction sights for $60-$75 and people were buying them .... it's just what the market will bear .... buy a CZ Shadow .... better trigger and a lot cheaper...

i was getting notifications from davidsons for 929's, it was the same thing, they told me they were arriving and orders were filling, so basically they appeared on inventory briefly as they pass through.

So the difference between GB = bad, and GB = good, is whether you have an msrp-ish mention of this gun on your website?

No, that's not what I am saying. I'm simply stating that if you list something for a certain price, that's what you should sell it for. It you are going to mark it up, that's what you should advertise. I don't believe in misleading the customer.

during the 'crazy times' a box of 500 rds of 22lr was selling on line on auction sights for $60-$75 and people were buying them .... it's just what the market will bear ....

Crazy times? We've got an ad on here for more than that per brick right now

Yeah, but their website says "out of stock", so they are advertising none at that price. It turns out I had actually bought two guns from Oak hill before I even knew they had a website.

That's fine. They have every right to advertise them for that. I just happen to agree that it is a bit misleading. If you don't have any intention of selling them at that price, why even mention a price? It could simply say Out of Stock. Either way, it's their business, they can do as they see fit. I hear good things about them and I am sure they are a good outfit. I just choose to advertise my products differently. All is good. Just voicing an opinion and offering different point of view.

Get a CZ!

Already have one from the custom shop. I just want a Stock II because they look cool

I'm going to have to stick up for oak hill on this one. Their notification system may not be set up properly, so maybe it would be best to not have one, but I know for a fact that they are selling stock ii's out of their shop at MSRP when they are in stock. From the outside looking in, I believe they are selling, at msrp, all the guns they get in with the exception of one, and then putting that on gunbroker and letting the highest bidder determine the fair price for that one.

i believe that an honest retailer can charge anything they want. If a seller wants to sell at auction they should just post an item at auction.

If they are selling on GB then this gun is obviously In-Stock. Be honest and set your price as you want.

I have the pistol so this complaint is not sour grapes.

Oak Hill has been great to deal with for me. Does it seem a little shady if they didn't send out notification first before putting a high demand gun out on gunbroker or listing it on the website as in stock, yeah. But it could also be that the way there Internet system is set up It's a royal pain to take the notification feature off one listing or it must be completely removed. Either way I think it should be done in future situations. It may have even malfunctioned, who knows (probably not). I hope he will correct this whichever the cause (please do or this whole argument is completely void and I for one will join the crowd of "this is wrong"). At the time his system was set up stock 2 9mm probably were not going for these prices and Oak Hill wasn't expecting this type of problem. So I would give him a pass on this occasion, but not the next time. I give people a little mercy and benefit of the doubt, I know a lot do not.

I will say though that I can not fault him for selling the gun at market value. He is making a living on selling guns. Put yourself in his shoes. Why would you sell a gun for a price you absolutely KNOW someone could just buy off you and make a very LARGE profit gain by reselling it. Oak Hill does not know your plan so therefor I believe this warrants the allowance of selling at market value. It's not price gouging or crooked, it's business savvy. He's not trying to screw someone over on the price, just trying to get what it's worth at this point in time (there is a difference even if it's slight).

Personal thoughts on these high demand Tanfoglios. If you want this gun so bad and want to pay these high demand prices, then that's your parogative. I love and want some of these guns also. I have a few right now. I will eventually have all of them that I want, but I'm patient. Why wait? Glad you ask. I firmly believe either a) the people that want these high demand guns will either slowly decrease and prices will eventually come back down or B) Tanfoglio will EVENTUALLY (maybe a very long time) start sending more of them and supply will increase. Either way patience is the key, and mostly a lost vurtue in this day here in America.

You can not always get what you want, when you want it, how you want to get it.

Edited by Savageman25

Hell if I was Oak Hill, I'd sell em on Gunbroker. Seeing the prices that guys are selling USED Stock II 9mm's on here for, why would you want to just give money away?

I don't understand the problem.

I'll chime in, I've been searching for one of these unicorns for 6 months or so and have seen how fast these thing go. I received the email from Davidson's like many of you and of course was to late. That sparked my interest to call the dealer I had one on order through (with no luck) then Oakhill because they seem to get Tanfoglio's as often as anyone and was informed there were a few 9mm Stock 2's. I was lucky with that phone call or maybe there would be 2 on gunbroker. I personally would never purchase over retail.