Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you even own a gun in France? I thought read somewhere that Eric G practices in Spain because of the gun laws.

Not true, he practices not far from his home. But, they do have strict gun laws compared to the U.S. For example, there are limitations on the number of guns they can own.

Hopefully the french have better luck with those big sod-covered berms than the guys at USSA Tulsa have. Back to back mud-fest nationals and now the berms are slowly eroding away. I guess there's a reason shooting facilities don't look like golf courses in the US. Maybe french shoots can shell out the $ to keep it watered and manicured.

Are the shooting sports only a rich person's game outside the US?

In all the countries I have lived in, YES. It's unbelievable in some places compared to here. Let's all remember that when it comes time for "them" to stay in office :)

I am afraid that the shooting sports in the US will become the same way through legislation and lack of volunteers. I am not judging anyone as I am just as guilty as anyone for not helping at matches, I am more speaking from a "life happens" stand point. I just don't want to get to the point of local matches being $100USD and you have to know someone in government to get a permit to own a pistol of any kind, even if its under .399 caliber.

• 1 year later...