Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with CZ CGW Upgrades, things don't work right...

akeefer

Hey all,

I'm looking for a bit of help.

I have gotten all the upgrades from CGW for my 85 Combat. When I went to install a CZC Race Hammer & CGW Disco, when it is put back together,

1. The Safetys Do Not Move

2. Hammer doesn't fall forward on it's own. It has to be pushed thru to go forward.

Did I assemble this incorrectly? Do I need to do some work on the hammer or the disco? The hammer strut might be the slightest bit bent from a horribly stuck hammer pin, but I was pretty sure that got back together correctly.

Any tips?

Thanks!!!!

I agree with the posts above regarding CGW's adjustable sear. I had a timing issue with CGW's disconnector when I installed mine where the hammer would fall to about the half-cock position, but not drop completely upon the trigger pull. After calling David, he had me lightly chamfer one of the edges of the disconnector (shown below) and it worked beautifully. I'm not sure if this helps you at all, but it might be something to look into.

CGW%20Disconnector_zpsihdzsk4g.jpg

Edited by TennJeep1618

The safety thing is expected. The aftermarket hammers reduce the engagement surface by raising the sear bed as opposed to cutting from the top of the hammer hook. They do this so your trigger still breaks in the same spot, otherwise there would be timing issues. The downside is the safety needs to be fitted since the sear starts in a higher position, a position the safety is normally supposed to keep it from going to. The CGW sear has a set screw to make this super easy. You can fit the factory one by filing too, but it's tedious.

Can you describe the hammer not coming forward thing more? When it falls and comes to a stop, can you push the hammer back with the trigger like you can in D/A? If so, your gun is a bit out of time and D/A hasn't disconnected yet when the trigger breaks. Your hammer is falling onto the disconnector nub. The fix is either to chamfer the front bottom edge, or take a little off of the bottom surface.

If your trigger isn't moving the hammer when it stops, it might be your strut binding, although it'd have to be pretty major to arrest the hammer mid-fall.

I just had this same exact problem and CGW told me exacly what to do. You have to chamfer the shoulders on your disconnect and you'll be home free. I still advise you to call them but I am sure that's the problem cause my compact was doing the same exact thing at the end of the pull. I took a strip of 600 grit paper and put the disconnect in a vice and slowly softened the edge of the shoulder on both sides. This is on the what i call the inside of the disco (inside the right angle). Then i did the same thing with a strip of 1200 grit to make it smooth. Once you take off that edge the hammer will fall without any hitch. You don't have to take off much...just round the edge of that shoulder.

I agree with the posts above regarding CGW's adjustable sear. I had a timing issue with CGW's disconnector when I installed mine where the hammer would fall to about the half-cock position, but not drop completely upon the trigger pull. After calling David, he had me lightly chamfer one of the edges of the disconnector (shown below) and it worked beautifully. I'm not sure if this helps you at all, but it might be something to look into.

Was this what happened?

10471090_10205095463922846_9455835599914

Was this what happened?

Looks like it. I can't remember exactly where the hammer stopped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Was this what happened?

that's exactly the spot...what software do you guys use to draw in pics like that...very handy! By the way...i had the problem on the original disconnect and not the CGW part but i did have the new sear installed which makes sense.

Very weird. I have a brand new CGW Disconnector and CGW race hammer in. 350 rounds no issues. Then today at the range it happens every DA pull. I just got the production legal CGW hammer Im going to install first to see if its action the same way.

Any advice on rounding that edge on the disconnector?