Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what sights on your shotgun

Is anyone out there using ghost ring sights or is it pretty much universally a bead with a small rear sight ?

I may be lookign to trade an 18" benelli barrel for a 21 or 24" vent rib. The two rear sight screws broke on the benelli years ago, I have had no luck at all getting new screws to put the sight on with.

I personally run a Red-dot because I am left eye dominant and it is the only way to shoot right handed. Actually the only reason I shoot in Open division. Our biggest requests though on what we build, are 10/22 flip-up rear, or a really small v-or-notch rear in conjunction with F/O bead front. I have seen VERY few Ghost ring sights in use by serious 3gunners.

Started out with rifle sights on a deer barrel. Helped somewhat for slugs, but I found the rear sight slowed me down and partially blocked my vision on target transition. Changed to a front fiber optic and had a mid barrel bead. Once I relearned to get my head down, I found it better. The mid bead really helps me line up with the front bead with slugs and for me is as accurate as iron sights.

Paul : -)#

The fiber on the end is enclosed in a metal tube and inset. If you have your head higher then looking down the barrel with a cheek weld you can't see the fiber in the tube. Hope that makes more sense.

Started out with rifle sights on a deer barrel. Helped somewhat for slugs, but I found the rear sight slowed me down and partially blocked my vision on target transition. Changed to a front fiber optic and had a mid barrel bead. Once I relearned to get my head down, I found it better. The mid bead really helps me line up with the front bead with slugs and for me is as accurate as iron sights.

Paul : -)#

Rifle sight deer barrels on mine, with the sights changed out to Ashley Express sights.......

For me as fast as a bead front with the added advantage of a useable rear for distant slug shots....