Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

benelli parts for versamax

slymantis

So here is another weak part to add to the list. When you remove the stock, there are 2 pieces that attach to the back of the receiver to hold the stock in place. The bottom one on mine snapped in 2. I found it when I pulled the stock off the other day. I put it back in as I had a shoot on Saturday. The gun still ran but it was a little loose.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here is another weak part to add to the list. When you remove the stock, there are 2 pieces that attach to the back of the receiver to hold the stock in place. The bottom one on mine snapped in 2. I found it when I pulled the stock off the other day. I put it back in as I had a shoot on Saturday. The gun still ran but it was a little loose.

Unfortunately the receiver-stock interface is quite different on the VM and Benelli... I had to make significant mods to a Benelli M2 pistol grip stock to get it to fit my VM.

I had asked before but there has been no response yet. Does anyone have the Benelli parts numbers for the replaceable Versamax parts? (all of them) I have been having light primer strike issues and would like to replace as many parts as I can with M2 parts.

I noticed my stock wanted to come loose too. I am wondering if this is why there have been problems with the link thingy? Anyone try some blue Loctite, nylon lock nut or a lock washer?

Other than that, all I've been told you really should do is replace the extractor, cam pin and hammer.

WG

Aimtrue, I just went to Midway and looked up Benelli parts there. I was having the exact same problem. I replaced my action spring and firing pin with a brand new one from remington. I used Remington for the firing pin as I couldn't find a Benelli one in stock at the time. I replaced the hammer, firing pin retaining pin and firing pin spring with a M2 Benelli one. And I also got a Wolff extra power hammer spring for an M2 and that solved my lightstrike problems. i did also get the firing pin from Dawson precision and have a spare M2 extractor for when mine breaks.

Wild Gene, I have the exact same thing with my stock as well. I have tried red loctite and blue loctite. Mine comes loose in 2 places from time to time. First is right at the back of the receiver where the action spring tube connects. I just re-did the red loctite on this and hope it stays tight. My stock bolt also comes loose as well. I just replaced the locking washer and blue loctited it so I hope that helps it out. I also found on my stock that what Remington refers to as the pivot block, was broken in 3 places on mine, so I am not sure if that contributed to it as well. I got all new parts installed so I hope she olds together for the Ironman next week.

Edited by AFguywhoshoots

So I did some research and contacted Benelli directly and was able to get part numbers for those (like me) who needs them. Not sure if this is very part to solve all the problems but I think it is a good start.

Firing pin Spring - 60179

Trigger Spring - 60484

Firing Pin - 60180

Hammer - 60213

Hammer Spring - 61052

Here are the Brownells part numbers:

301-000-048WB FIRING PIN, AFTER S/N M104801
301-000-075WB FIRING PIN SPRING
301-000-065WB LOCKING HEAD PIN
301-000-007WB HAMMER, GLOSS, AFTER S/N M104801
301-000-409WB HAMMER SPRING
301-000-070WB EXTRACTOR
301-000-056WB LINK

So when I ordered all these Benelli parts I figured I would throw in a Wolff XP hammer spring for good measure. When I got the parts I immediately got to installing. Once reassembled I did some dry fire. Now I fell like the trigger is heavier with the Wolff XP spring. Is that normal/possible or am I just imagining things?

I purchased the new Dawson firing pin. My gun was working fine, just put it in as a preventative measure. Had almost all light strikes. Pulled it out, put the stock one back in, back to normal. Anyone had this experience? I called Dawson, they said email with the problem, have not heard back. I have an earlier tactical, it has the scope mount holes drilled at a skewed angle down the receiver, so the gun could be out of spec, who knows.

I just installed the Dawson's pin last week and shot the Ironman with it. No light strike issues at all and I have an early Versamax. But I do have the Wolff XP hammer spring from a Benelli so that is probably the difference.

Do you notice your trigger is heavier with the Wolff xp hammer spring?

The Wolff EP hammer spring is part # 832603 from Midway. I didn't really notice an increase in trigger pull to be honest. But I have been a shotgun shooter for a long time and left the triggers stock on them for the most part. Instead of messing with the springs, I prefer to put a trigger shoe on to help with trigger pull. I used those all the time back I use to shoot trap.

• 1 month later...

has anyone felt the need to change out the firing pin? If so, which Benelli part to use... the one for the M2?

I have seen a 2 piece V-Max firing pin and the guy who owned it was feeling that need.

The 'Nellie part # is 60180. That fits M1 & M2 and maybe others but it is identical to the V-Max.........or maybe I should say that the V-Max is identical to the Benelli, just less durable.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have about 3k through mine and use it for 3 gun. I had my lifter welded for quad loads. The lifter spring on back side of the lifter got too week and quit feeding right. I replaced it off of youtube recommendation and fixed the issue. Replaced with a extra power spring from X-Rail. I also tried a + 25% extra power recoil spring however on my gun this led to intermittent FTF with bulk federal or winchester and also would not feed light hand loads. I went back to standard power recoil spring and it cycles everything. Every thing else just runs with normal cleaning.

As a side note I loved the long TACCOM bolt handle but have bent 2 of them so went back to factory round style and no more issues but I do wish it was a little bigger.

• 3 years later...

New guy here in the process of changing out parts on the VersaMax tactical. I’ve done almost everything I can listed here. Having trouble getting the extractor pin out so I’m going to send it down to Benny Hill to work on and change out a couple springs in the trigger group as well as shaving the bolt and adding an extended lifter. 

a question I have, since I’m changing out parts where I can, is there a compatible Wolff or Benelli spring for the ejector?  I got a Wolff M2 spring thinking it would work but it’s much shorter than the OEM one. 

Also, on an unrelated topic, I’m looking at a DMW Easy loader for my 11-87 Special Purpose. Does any have a copy of the instructions? I’ve seen some threads regarding this and the files are dead links. 

Finding this thread and forum has been a great resource, I might add!

thanks in advance!

Edited by wyopylot307
Added a comment