Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

benelli parts for versamax

slymantis

hi

so im looking to make my remelli more benelli by replacing the common failure versamax parts.

From what ive read I want to replace the hammer, cam pin and extractor. are there any other parts prone to failure that should be replaced by benelli parts?

Also looking at brownells, I found the M2 hammer and the M4 cam pin which I have read both work. For the extractor the M2 extractor is not available but the M4 extractor is. Will this work in a versamax?

thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The M4 extractor is a different part number than the M2 so I would say it is slightly different.

Midway USA has the Benelli M2 extractor in stock.

unless something has changed the hammer, and hammer spring a very big YES, there was over stuff but I not remember for sure and do not want to give some wrong info.

if the VM was bought new by u and less than a year ago. remtington just gave me the parts under the warranty, I called to buy parts and got them free.

I was having a light strike issue with mine for a while. I replaced the hammer, firing pin spring, hammer spring and firing pin retaining pin with the M2 parts and have no issues since. I plan on doing the extractor and firing pin. The hammer spring I used was the wolff extra power hammer spring.

• 2 months later...

So the link is the same? I broke mine and replaced it with another Remington one, but if the Benelli fits, I may grab that for a spare.

You need the SBE version: LINK

Also get a LINK. I had to replace a broken link in a friend's VM.

What are you referring to as a link?
Thank you

p_301000056_1.jpg

Edited by StealthyBlagga

So the link is the same? I broke mine and replaced it with another Remington one, but if the Benelli fits, I may grab that for a spare.

You need the SBE version: LINK

Also get a LINK. I had to replace a broken link in a friend's VM.

What are you referring to as a link?

Thank you

Got it thanks.

p_301000056_1.jpg

I would guess the rivets sheared. Only a guess, but that looks like a potential failure point to me.

Nope - broke at the pin pivot hole IIRC. Unfortunately I did not take a photo, and I believe my friend returned it to Remington under warranty.

That link is sandwiched between the bolt and the end of the action spring tube so it get hammered and compressed every time the bolt cycles. Any of the holes or rivets will concentrate stress and be the first place to suffer damage (and better the link be damaged than the bolt carrier).

(In full disclosure I seem to remember replacing a broken link on a SBE hunting gun some time ago too)

Also get a link pin. I saw that break in a friends Vmax. Bent pistons too.

From what I've seen, if you can get a part that speaks Italian to work in your Remington you will be better off with it.

Would this be the proper Benelli extractor? I've had a few extraction issues and been thinking of replacing mine.

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/receiver-action-parts/extractor-parts/extractors/extractor-prod6222.aspx

That's the one. Be aware that the holes for the pivot pin are offset. I used a smaller punch from the top, I think, to drive the pin down.

Would this be the proper Benelli extractor? I've had a few extraction issues and been thinking of replacing mine.http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/receiver-action-parts/extractor-parts/extractors/extractor-prod6222.aspx

That's the one. Be aware that the holes for the pivot pin are offset. I used a smaller punch from the top, I think, to drive the pin down.

Thanks for that little tidbit.

My link broke right at the back of the bolt. In it's defense, my gun was a high mileage used gun from a guy who shoots a ton. He also broke the link in his new versamax 2 months before mine broke. Also there was another local guy who's broke with under 3K rounds through his. I did change my firing pin, but stuck with Remington as I couldn't find Benelli in stock at the time. I try to post a picture of the broken link tonight as I still have it in the truck. So far my Benelli parts list is extra power hammer spring, firing pin spring, hammer and firing pin retaining pin.

No, it will not

Well...maybe with a lot of duct tape and hacksaw work :goof:

Does anyone know if a Benelli M2 forend will fit/work on a Versamax?

No, it will not

Well...maybe with a lot of duct tape and hacksaw work :goof:

Ha! Thanks. Tryi ng to get a more 'blended' (like the M2) forend and didn't want to go all-out with the files and dremel if an easier option existed.