Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ97B Grip Screws

rhart123

Does anyone know what tool I need to remove the grip screws on a new 97B? They appear to be some kind of star like socket head screw, but when I tried to use my star tools to remove it they fell in between sizes. I'm guessing they are metric? Thanks

They are CK tools from Germany and this is the first time I've used them. They were definitely not cheap though. I'll need to look and see what the next size I have is when I get home today - they may jump from T20 to T30 or something (should have looked at the size of the next one up). I don't have a lot of them (6 torx bits). T20 is too small and the next size up won't fit in (too big). They are part of a small set of tools with a driver...

Edited by rhart123

Thanks for the help everyone. I am embarrassed to say that it was indeed the T20 torx that did the job. My driver is a ratcheting driver and I apparently had it set on "neutral" so that it wouldn't turn anything either direction - the torx tool wasn't slipping, the driver's ratchet was "slipping". My bad eyes and bad lighting led me to believe it was the wrong torx side. I apologize for wasting everyone's time, but it's nice to know you all are so helpful. Thanks again.