Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

henning flat trigger system, worthy upgrade?

3djedi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have actual measurements on the lop change? My wife runs a match elite in 9mm and the stock pull is a bit long, wondering how much change the small and medium make over the factory. Also does the ben stoeger model change the lop at all?

Took a guess and went medium. :)

Think about the current trigger. Do you want a shorter reach? Or much shorter? Or the same. Long is about the same as stock obviously they get shorter from there.

I feel like I need a little longer reach than stock (with the skinny EG grips anyway)....... although I think I have small/medium sized hands. With all my gen 4 glocks, I run the grips with no backstraps if that means anything.

I sure wish I could try out each size!

I ordered the medium a few weeks ago and got a message a week ago that they are out of stock. I looked on his site today and noticed small and large were in stock and wondered if maybe I should give one of those a go instead.

Edited by 3djedi

I have a limited with EG Grips and currently have the Long length Henning trigger installed. For me it is great. I would not want the medium. I have fairly large hands. In work gloves I wear a size Large, that usually have to break in to be comfortable. If your familiar with medical gloves I wear a 8 or 8.5 in sterile gloves. Not sure if that helps.

pfcchambers, thanks for your info about selecting the long trigger. I have been struggling to decide, since the standard trigger seems slightly short to me. I also wear a large glove, and was hesitating in ordering the long henning trigger thinking that it might be too long for me. My hands are about the same as yours, and my personal preference is for a longer trigger.

• 1 month later...

How long does it take for henning to ship stuff out?

I ordered $500 worth of stuff on monday and haven't heard anything yet. Does he email ship notifications?

Late reply, but over the course of several orders, my experience has been between one and five days before getting a shipping notification.

The medium trigger seems slightly farther reach than the stock trigger....

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

this makes me want to get the short reach trigger. Glad i searched for this thread!

if you are unsure give henning an email or call. He travels a lot buy my experience is he will call you back as soon as he is able.

My feeling was the medium is slightly shorter than stock trigger and long is slightly longer. Short is much shorter.

here is my eric custom with stock trigger:

gXcZrz.jpg

here is with henning medium trigger: (sorry one is linked and one is attached, couldn't upload this second image to the hoster for some reason...)

post-50660-0-21090700-1431316093_thumb.j

looking at it the lower part of the flat trigger is definitely a shorter reach than stock as it curves forward. If you pull it dead in the middle it's about the same as stock or possibly a little shorter reach.

Don't forget how you set your pre and over travel will affect this 'at rest' position of the trigger. Mine could definitely have more pre travel taken out which would move the trigger position to the rear. also mine has much less overtravel than the stock trigger had so it feels shorter in that respect too (that's a function of the henning hammer and sear I fitted).

Be prepared to trim the sear leg a bit to enable it to reset. Always fit the slide while testing, as it may seem to work with the slide off, then will not reset once the slide is installed. Also, I found the stock sear spring to be incredibly stiff, resulting in a higher than expected trigger pull weight. Use a tool to lift the front of the sear spring then raise and push it all the way to the back, slightly stretching it and reducing its strength.

Edited by pivoproseem

Installed it last night. It was my first time taking the gun down to that level, so it went a little slow.

The hardest part for me was lining up and punching in the roll pin that connects the trigger to the trigger arm. I had the hardest time lining the trigger arm and the trigger together to get that small roll pin in. Shit took me forever! hahaha My wife was ver surprised that I was not yelling and throwing things tho.

Is there a trick to get the trigger spring to stay in place when installing the trigger assembly back in the frame? Because that was a pain in the ass too.

So far I LOVE it when compared to the stock trigger. I still need to fine tune the pre/over travel adjustments but so far in dry fire this trigger is quite the upgrade. The trigger has a good solid wall and a crisp break. I do not have a trigger weight pull gauge, but id like to get it pulled to see how heavy it is.

UDQiCj2l.jpg

R0qwbQml.jpg

Looks good! I will usually put a drop of heavy

Oil in the trigger spring hole to kinda "glue" it in. You can also hold the frame upside down while installing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's where the slave pin works well, put the spring in the trigger assembly as it would sit in the frame. Use the slave pin to hold it in place, then put the whole trigger assembly back in the frame and use the slave pin as a guide to install the other pin or henning screws.

Be prepared to trim the sear leg a bit to enable it to reset. Always fit the slide while testing, as it may seem to work with the slide off, then will not reset once the slide is installed. Also, I found the stock sear spring to be incredibly stiff, resulting in a higher than expected trigger pull weight. Use a tool to lift the front of the sear spring then raise and push it all the way to the back, slightly stretching it and reducing its strength.

Can you describe a little more what to trim? i installed the trigger all was well, and then no reset while live firing. Take it apart, no problem. Slide on, problem. TIA

Looks good! I will usually put a drop of heavy

Oil in the trigger spring hole to kinda "glue" it in. You can also hold the frame upside down while installing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes I had to hold it upside down to get it lined up correctly. The oil thing is a great idea tho!

That's where the slave pin works well, put the spring in the trigger assembly as it would sit in the frame. Use the slave pin to hold it in place, then put the whole trigger assembly back in the frame and use the slave pin as a guide to install the other pin or henning screws.

the henning trigger does not use the same trigger return spring as the stock trigger uses.

Check it out.

yYmlLMq.jpg

and just an FYI for anyone using this trigger. You will need a T7 Torx screw head for the pre travel adjustment. I did not have one that small, luckily my buddy did and I borrowed his for the job.

Edited by SpaceFlunky

Can you describe a little more what to trim? i installed the trigger all was well, and then no reset while live firing. Take it apart, no problem. Slide on, problem. TIA

Take a look at this sear. The leg on the left side of this sear, pointing down at 4 o'clock in the photo is what needs to the trimmed. the the surface pointing to the front of the gun needs to be filed back. I would make sure the pre-travel screw is fully seated into the trigger before you start filing, though.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/425351/egw-hard-sear-eaa-witness-springfield-p9-steel

Edited by pivoproseem