Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

henning flat trigger system, worthy upgrade?

3djedi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody that has this tell me what they think of it. Is it worth it? What length did you get? I was thinking medium but not sure......

I am one of those that love it. I fitted the short trigger to my Witness Match and Stock II. I also have flat triggers (not Henning) on my CZs. I use the guns in IDPA, USPSA and 3 Gun.

I find them controllable and precise with a great reset. It goes without saying that the trigger weight can be very light - in my case 2 to 2.5lb. Installation was easy. Quality good.

I love mine. Biggest benefit is it allows you to adjust your length of reach. That and it looks cool!

You can adjust the reach? On his site you have to order small, medium, or large reach.......

It's not the easiest install, but It's a very nice step up in trigger performance. Gives you more tuning options while fitting much more precisely than the factory part.

Unless you have extraordinarily long fingers, stick to the medium if you like the reach to the stock trigger.

Very good trigger. I ran a medium for 6 months then switched to the short reach. Like it better. In my experience, to get most out of the trigger pre travel adjustments you have to work the lower sear leg. I couldn't take out any pre travel without the trigger not resetting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a high speed, low drag competition guy. I put H's flat trigger in my Match because the stock roll pin system allowed the stock trigger to move left and right (when seen from behind the pistol) so much that the trigger was coming close to the edge of the triggerguard and I was afraid the trigger would catch on the holster someday and I'd shoot myself in the leg while reholstering. My polymer framed pistol doesn't have that problem, but it doesn't have anywhere near the round count through it either...

I have the Henning on my gold team and I like it and I had it on my Stock III but I recently switched and put an EG Flat trigger with the semi-curve and checkering on my Limited and I LOVE it, I will be putting that trigger in all my SAO tanfos now. I can't say anything bad about the Henning triggers as they are good and better than the factory ones but the reset and the feel of the EG is hands down better IMHO. Along with being cheaper:-)

I have the Henning on my gold team and I like it and I had it on my Stock III but I recently switched and put an EG Flat trigger with the semi-curve and checkering on my Limited and I LOVE it, I will be putting that trigger in all my SAO tanfos now. I can't say anything bad about the Henning triggers as they are good and better than the factory ones but the reset and the feel of the EG is hands down better IMHO. Along with being cheaper:-)

You got a pic gump?

You got a pic gump?

This is what and where I am using

post-47835-142549187193_thumb.jpg

You got a pic gump?

This is what and where I am using

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1425491870.599611.jpg

Are you utilizing the oem roll pin for the trigger? It would be nice if someone made something similar to what CGW makes for the CZ-75 and Canik Pistols.

How long does it take for henning to ship stuff out?

I ordered $500 worth of stuff on monday and haven't heard anything yet. Does he email ship notifications?

I ordered about the same amount from the stoeger website on Monday. I still haven't gotten my order but they finally got in contact with me after I sent them an email inquiry about my order. Said that they were waiting on the henning magwell, although it showed "in stock" on the site when I ordered.

So they went ahead and shipped my remaining order minus the magwell today. Not sure what is going on with them but an email asking about, either waiting or go ahead shipping, should have been sent.

On the other hand I ordered a firing pin from henning on Monday and received it today.

How long does it take for henning to ship stuff out?

I ordered $500 worth of stuff on monday and haven't heard anything yet. Does he email ship notifications?

I ordered about the same amount from the stoeger website on Monday. I still haven't gotten my order but they finally got in contact with me after I sent them an email inquiry about my order. Said that they were waiting on the henning magwell, although it showed "in stock" on the site when I ordered.

So they went ahead and shipped my remaining order minus the magwell today. Not sure what is going on with them but an email asking about, either waiting or go ahead shipping, should have been sent.

On the other hand I ordered a firing pin from henning on Monday and received it today.

I ordered stuff from Ben stoeger on Monday as well. Just got a ship notification today(friday).

Did you get a ship notification from hennings or did it just show up?