Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

124 JHPs: Precision Delta or MGs

Big Guy

I just switched to PD from MG myself.

Accuracy is right on par with MG and Zero brand.

Jacket on the PD is softer only because MG uses zinc in their jacket process. So barrel wear will be less.

All in all I'm satisfied with the performance of the PD 124gr JHPs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just started loading MG 9mm 124 gr JHP on my Dillon 650 with the dillon seating die. I've never loaded JHP so not sure if the seating stem I'm using is the correct one. What's the best seating steam to load that JHP do I need to use?

Assuming you have dillon dies... I used to use the flat side of the seating stem with pd jhps. I always had issues with them seating crooked and with wild OALs. I swapped over to the round one and the issues went away. I kinda wish i had a seating die that seated even further on the ogive.

Edited by Nebwake

Assuming you have dillon dies... I used to use the flat side of the seating stem with pd jhps. I always had issues with them seating crooked and with wild OALs. I swapped over to the round one and the issues went away. I kinda wish i had a seating die that seated even further on the ogive.

LEE will make you a custom plug for seating die. Just find a bullet with a rounder profile and send it to them. BBI are much more bulbous than MG

I just ordered a 100 rd sample of bbi 135s to try so that might work. Whats the benefit sending a rounder bullet?

now that I reread your post you were talking JHP. If you want the plug to hit lower on the bullet you would want a plug made that hits lower. So you would need a bullet as a mold for them to work with. So a different profile JHP would be needed.

Those 135's you ordered are very round compared to an extreme or MG RN bullet. They would be great for getting a plug made if you were loading either of those.

Be sure to make a dummy with the 135 because that rounder design calls for pretty short OAL to fit in your gun.