Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights

Nghthwk1911

OK,

After taking a year break from shooting single stack and shooting production, limited and some open, I am back to the 1911. And I find that the sights used when I started shooting USPSA are just not tight enough. I really want to find a "tighter" sight picture, something like a .110 rear notch and .100/,090 front with a fiber. I have looked at Novak, Warren, Heine/Nighthawk for options and the best that is out there is a .125 rear with a .110 front...

who makes "custom" sights or just sights that are tighter?

Yeah, I figured that. Did you want a fiber optic front sight or just plain post? I know some gunsmith who will make the plain front post to the exact width you want, just match it up with an appropriate rear sight.

Dawson makes a .09 front sight with fiber optic. I'd have to double check, but I believe the stock STI rear bowmar is a .115 rear notch.

Just double checked, the STI bowmar that came off my Trojan measures .112 wide.

Edited by bthoefer

So update, I call Dawson, and talk to Daniel, and sure enough they will cut what I want for one of the guns and had in stock the required sight set for the other that has a Kimber cut, not a Novak... well I guess it pay to pick up the phone..

thanks hive mind.

SVI sells .110 rear notch target sights, and combining that with a .90 front would give you a tight sight picture. Pretty sure that's the setup TG is running, might be worth taking a look at his SS.