Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sphinx SDP Sub Compact

Had been thinking about getting a CZ Rami or a Sig 938 ....well also debating on a shield or a P07 or p01. Clearly in having a dilemma.

Than I saw the Sphinx sub compact and thought hmmm a more refined Rami.

Was wondering if anyone has actually shot or carried one. I know they are extremely limited in circulation right now and if so what are your thoughts on the halo sight

Thanks

I am I feel like I'm all over the board. So I'm looking for my first CCW pistol and like many before me trying to minimize the risk of going in the wrong direction. I'm looking at guns from the size of the Sig 938 up to the CZ p07.

Like most people I prefer shooting larger fire arms and want to make sure that I enjoy shooting what ever pistol it is enough to encourage me to be as proficient with it as possible

Just not sure is something the thickness of a P07 realistic to cary IWB since OWB won't always be an option?

Since I'm most proficient and comfortable with a DA/SA should I stick with that? Since my go to firearm is a CZ SP01 I figured it may be advantageous to stick with something with the same controls.

Or do I go with a shield its light weight thin an I'm familiar and comfortable with the M&P line?

I have both the Compact and Subcompact Sphinx/Kriss pistols. They are about the same width as my P-07. Very nice guns both, but I prefer to shoot the Compact. The Subcompact is only about 1/2" shorter than the Compact and it has a shorter grip (and holds two rounds less). I carry both with no issues. The internal buffer, rubber grips and high undercut of the trigger guard makes the Compact a soft shooter - the Sub has an all hard plastic handle. Pretty accurate both of them and very well made.

• 3 weeks later...

I have both the Compact and Subcompact Sphinx/Kriss pistols. They are about the same width as my P-07. Very nice guns both, but I prefer to shoot the Compact. The Subcompact is only about 1/2" shorter than the Compact and it has a shorter grip (and holds two rounds less). I carry both with no issues. The internal buffer, rubber grips and high undercut of the trigger guard makes the Compact a soft shooter - the Sub has an all hard plastic handle. Pretty accurate both of them and very well made.

Do you carry with IWB holster? If so what holster do you use?

I made my own IWB kydex holster for the subcompact, but I'd like to find a more "professional" quality holster. The one I made is kind of primitive, but it works ok. I have an IWB holster made by Theiss holsters for a P-07 that I carry the compact in, but I had to do some modifications around the trigger guard area to make it work. The compact won't fit into the Glock 19 Desantis IWB holster I have either due to the rather large trigger guard on the Sphinx. The compact does sort of fit into an OWB kydex holster I have for the Sig 229R though so it may fit into an IWB for a 229.

Edited by rhart123