Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 caliber conversion?

Hello getting a list together to change a 650 from 9mm to .223 please let me know if if forgot something.

I'd rather spend more $ and have thing go easier/faster than not. Thank you!

.223 dies

Caliber conversion kit

Deluxe quick change kit

Case feeder plates

Case gauge

Mr.bullet feeder conversion kit

Case prep tool head:

Universal decapping die

dillon rapid trim 1200b

Sizing die

Dillion super swage 600 (anything faster/better than this?)

Your list sounds complete for the 2 tool head setup.

As far as the swager goes, GS Customs makes a swager unit that goes on the XL650. It replaces the primer push rod assembly. They sell them on eBay. I know a few folks that use them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-S-Custom-primer-pocket-swager-uniformer-for-Dillon-XL650-223-308-9mm-45-/321675912483?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae560e523

Ya... you'd be set with what you listed.... One suggestion.... get the AT 1500 instead of the 1200B. Just a little more money for a more powerful trimmer that offer more options. (Im thinking 300 BLK trimming) 3 years down the road and you may want the option....

Super swage 600 is great....

You won't need the low version of the case prep toolhead if you are working .223. Just get an extra toolhead and stand if you want it. You will gain more options as you will have 5 threaded holes in the toolhead that are pretty much usable.

One other suggestion.... Get an M die to knock any burrs off the neck and expand the mouth of the case after passing through the trim/size die. I use a Lyman M die.

If you decide to use the swager that mounts to your 650.... it's my understanding that Dillon wont honor your warranty and I've heard reports that it doesn't really work all that well anyway. Stick with the Super Swage 600.

Your list sounds complete for the 2 tool head setup.

As far as the swager goes, GS Customs makes a swager unit that goes on the XL650. It replaces the primer push rod assembly. They sell them on eBay. I know a few folks that use them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-S-Custom-primer-pocket-swager-uniformer-for-Dillon-XL650-223-308-9mm-45-/321675912483?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae560e523

Thank you that looks awesome and is priced right as well ill look further into it love this forum!

Ya... you'd be set with what you listed.... One suggestion.... get the AT 1500 instead of the 1200B. Just a little more money for a more powerful trimmer that offer more options. (Im thinking 300 BLK trimming) 3 years down the road and you may want the option....

Super swage 600 is great....

You won't need the low version of the case prep toolhead if you are working .223. Just get an extra toolhead and stand if you want it. You will gain more options as you will have 5 threaded holes in the toolhead that are pretty much usable.

One other suggestion.... Get an M die to knock any burrs off the neck and expand the mouth of the case after passing through the trim/size die. I use a Lyman M die.

If you decide to use the swager that mounts to your 650.... it's my understanding that Dillon wont honor your warranty and I've heard reports that it doesn't really work all that well anyway. Stick with the Super Swage 600.

Thank you for the suggestions I'll defiantly buy the rt1500 instead it's just $60 more and will give me the option to do 300 blackout down the road

I did a search for it on this forum but didnt come up with much. Here is a link to a review and comments regarding the GS Customs Swager.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_42/416185_As_promised___GS_Custom_Dillon_650_swager_write_up__56k_warning.html

according to the read and comments, if you do damage to your machine, Dillon will not warranty it. Just a thought. I did not know this before I posted my comment on the swager. I do have friends that use it and have had no issues with it at all.

I tried the 550 version of the GS. It worked, but not well. I went with the RCBS swagger on a single stage Lee press. Works great. I also use the Lee press to decap/resize .

Archived