Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to Revo Competition. 627 V-Comp, or 627PC?

818-DVC

The V comp is cool, But it's front heavy in my opinion. The clamp on comp really doesnt do much, if anything. Maybe somebody else can chime in about that.

Also, I dont think the v-comp sights are pinned, nor the DX . IIRC they are dove tail sights, so it may limit your options on a new front sight.

I'd by

Dawson makes a dovetail front sight for the V Comp, and that's about all I know of in current production, so yes, sight choices are limited.

You really notice the extra weight out front in the VComp when it comes to muzzle rise and sight tracking. It helps noticeably with recoil management in strong/weak hand shooting. Then again 125 pf in a 40+ ounce gun isn't exactly terrible recoil. The tradeoff is, of course, in reduced transition speed and precision.

I haven't shot too many matches with my V-Comp, but I'm really liking it so far. I started out with a 627 Pro Series, which I really liked. I haven't run side by side drills with the guns, but I feel like this gun will be faster with follow-up shots and smaller transitions than the pro series gun. The downside is that you will have to muscle the gun around a bit more doing reloads and wide transitions.

I'll be using mine for USPSA revolver division, ICORE limited and perhaps NRA Action pistol.

To be honest. the Vcomp really seems too expensive for what it is. The reason I wound up with mine was that I found it used for a good deal while I was shopping for a good deal on a 627PC. I could have easily gone the other way and been as happy. Mileage varies. Good luck.

I'm finding V-comps for $1300 all day. 627PC for $1100.

That's about a third the price of my limited gun (CA)

The gun has always been the cheap part, so I don't mind spending a few extra bucks, I just want to make sure I only do it once.. Well twice if I get a backup, which may be the excuse to get both.

I have them both v-comp for open and pc for limited love them and as far as the comp it does very little for recoil I had the barrel ported and a custom comp on it but the weight of the v-comp def helps ! Good Luck get both ? (still less then a new 2011)

Just received my new Dawson fiber optic front sight for my V-Comp. Fit perfect and looks great with my Millet rear sight. (yeah I had one stored away for this revolver)

The only choices you have for fiber optic front sights for the v-comp are The new Dawson part # 627-5 is the cats meow and would recommend. Next is Williams Fire Sight part # 56435 (actually a rifle front sight) or drill out the one that came with the revolver. I would attach a picture but I can't figure out how to put them on. If somebody emails me at zemog@iowatelecom.net and you know how to put them on here I can send them to you. If anyone wants to see some pictures.

Thanks Revofan,

What uprages should I be doing to these to make the cut on both?

Trigger action job fiber front on the pc and off to the races !!!! I don't know how deep into customizing you want to go bu this is what I did with my v-comp I guess what you need and want are very different questions lolpost-54562-0-48731800-1425395603_thumb.jpost-54562-0-37945400-1425395833_thumb.jpost-54562-0-67451800-1425395949_thumb.j

I have had the PC 627, and I HAVE the Vcomp. I love the Vcomp, I'm a average guy and don't see any problem transitioning targets. The PC model was light, and shot fast. For most people, the PC is a nicer all around pistol, I like putting on the comp and red dot and shoot open class on Steel Challenge tho. I did also took 1st place at the Nebraska State Steel Challenge match last fall with the Vcomp. A lot of guys were envious about how flat the Vcomp runs too.

Had a VComp and got rid of it, not that it's a bad gun or anything. Looks really good and the comp is cool but not very functional. The gun is heavy and slow to transition. Think I have four 627PCs now, one with a CMore that replaced the VComp.