Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help - 1050 missing screw and adjustment

This may be easy to cure. Either it was not installed when manfactured, or some how been lost. The set screw that is accessible on the left side of the shell plate holder is gone.

Called Dillon was told not to adjust it. I said I cannot adjust something that is not there. After a long conversation, they said they would send me a new adjustment screw. They did, I screwed it in, but still have the initial question? How do you set the adjustment.

SUPER 1050

I looked in the manual and this item and where it goes is not even discussed or shown.

Any Help ! :cheers:

Edited by Ken Bird

You don't use it to set anything. Just snug it up prior to use, and before you turn the bolt that holds the shell plate down, loosen it by a turn. (At least on a 650.)

I removed the center bolt several times before I even knew it existed. I don't think it does much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk HK, probably while driving.

Edited by jt15550

You don't use it to set anything. Just snug it up prior to use, and before you turn the bolt that holds the shell plate down, loosen it by a turn. (At least on a 650.)

I removed the center bolt several times before I even knew it existed. I don't think it does much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk HK, probably while driving.

Entirely different subject

If this is the screw I am thinking of, it is to adjust the amount of indexing you get.

Screw it in until the shell plate will not go far enough to allow the ball detent to snap on, than back it out a bit.

BINGO, this guy knows his screws. Thanks, I will work on getting it right.