Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1st USPSA match and I'm hooked

racknrider

Shot my 1st match today and it was awesome. Shot SS major, boy that's a lot of reloads. Overall match percentage of 55.877% and 73.653% in SS, whatever that means. I can't wait ton go back. Don't tell anybody, but, I might like it more than IDPA.

Edited by racknrider

Great! I'm about 2.5 months in myself. Try to make every event I can. It's fantastic to have goals and training objectives when going to the range, as opposed to just putting holes in paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk HK, probably while driving.

Shot my 1st match today and it was awesome. Shot SS major, boy that's a lot of reloads. Overall match percentage of 55.877% and 73.653% in SS, whatever that means. I can't wait ton go back. Don't tell anybody, but, I might like it more than IDPA.

The 55% means that you shot 55% of the points that the winner of the match shot...the 73% breaks it down to your division...so you shot 73% of the points that the winner of SS shot.

I said the same too!! haha

I had the same experience shooting my first big match last year. Before that shot in one or two locals and didn't really understand scoring (sure as hell didn't (don't!) have any idea about strategy) but knew it was something fun. Fast forward to this year and I'm spending cash and signing up for any match I can manage to attend... Whew! Not easy working nights and with 3 small kiddos. But hey.... That's life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the same boat about a year ago. I'm 29 and wished I would have found the sport 15 years ago. Only downside is I think I found the only hobby more expensive than golf...

Edited by shel6977

• 4 months later...

I was in the same boat about a year ago. I'm 29 and wished I would have found the sport 15 years ago. Only downside is I think I found the only hobby more expensive than golf...

I finally jumped in both feet into USPSA .... I had to promise my wife that I would give up one of the other hobbies.....RIP turkey season.

Chips0410....I hear you loud and clear.

My only regret is that I started 3 gun first which is the real crack:) Now I am weaning myself so I can shoot IDPA with a revolver (a lot of fun and less ammo).

It only took me one match I gave up every other hobby I had for uspsa and 3 gun

I am defiantly putting all of my time into USPSA now, but we are 2 months from deer season and I haven't even stated....so maybe it is taking over my other hobbies.

I try and hit one 3 gun a month and two uspsa events a month ... Go back and forth between which I like better .. I gave up golf, hunting and fly fishing for shooting .. No matter what I find myself doing that's not shooing I'm always thinking and planning when I'll be shooting next :) ... I sold of my snowmobile and rzr to fund my addiction and still not done getting stuff

I think that's happened to all of us. I'm talking a friend into going out to the next match with me. He keeps giving me all the excuses in the world as to why he can't. I finally had to tell him i have extra mags, a belt, mag holders and holster that fit his XDm and then he said he is trying to buy a car and can't afford the ammo. I reload and already load the same caliber for my comp gun so I told him that i would load up a few more rounds and supply that as well so he truly has no more excuses. I know as soon as I get him through one match he will be as hooked as I am.

I have also given up my other hobbies (still have a couple quads to sell) and don't think about anything other than dry fire, game planning and the next match.

• 7 months later...