Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking about getting back into an elite limited

3djedi

I had one a year or so ago and sold it. Now thinking about getting another one. I think it was the most accurate pistol I've ever owned! (I've had a bunch of polymers and an sti eagle, executive and marauder)

How is it looking for part upgrades? Can you get a large mouth magwell for it yet?

Does a new gun come with two or three mags? Where is the best place to buy new mags?

I was going to hold out for the xtreme but I think it would cost the same to buy the base model and do the upgrades myself..... plus, waiting on eaa to get the xtremes only causes disappointment.

I just bought one from Oak Hill. On par with all of the other prices I've seen.

Parts upgrades should be very similar to a stock 2 or 3 and mags can be bought from Greg Cote's website or midway I think. Ben's pro shop has everything else you would need in stock.

I haven't actually gotten mine yet, should be here Tuesday, but I know what upgrades I plan on doing to it.

After pricing it out compared to the extreme version this will be cheaper by 250-300$ or more. I would like the extreme version but I think we all will be waiting longer than forever and they will be harder to find than the stock 2's and 3's.

Edited by Prov1x

Thanks!

What's the shipping and processing time from oakhill?

I ordered mine yesterday and got a shipping notice today. The delivery date is for Monday but my ffl is not open to the public on Monday so I won't actually get it until Tuesday.

I priced everything out and it looks like it would be cheaper just to get an xtreme rather than trying to piece it together. Well......if you could get an xtreme! (also assuming the price on oakhill of $1961 is accurate.)

I wasn't figuring lightening cuts because I don't think it matters if you have them or not.

My price configured with 3 extra mags with basepads and springs and almost all parts replaced is $1778

$1189 gun delivered

$85 3 mags + shipping

$8 firing pin spring

$11 hammer spring

$120 eg grips

$25 henning firing pin

$120 henning magwell (if needed, not sure)

$180 for 3 grahams springs-followers and 3 henning basepads

$40 henning or extreme guide rod.

If the extreme version comes with at least 3 mags with springs and followers for 20 to 21 rounds reloadable it's price comes to $2054 delivered (paying with cc and shipping included).

That's a difference of $276.

If you have to buy 3 additional mags @ $25ea/$75 then basepads and springs @ $180 that adds $255 in additional costs that add up to $542 difference.

Edited by Prov1x

Added more details to my list above.

Yeah if you wanted it just like the extreme, although you would never be able to sell it as an extreme version, then the price would probably be very similar. IF you were ever able to find one. The limited hc can be had now so that's a bonus too.

Edited by Prov1x

They actually come with one, not sure what the measurement is but it does. It comes with black sight installed and fiber as a spare. They also come extra recoil springs as well.

Edited by Prov1x

I got mine back in Oct from Bud's gun shop. Great deal. I installed the following parts on it.

Henning guide rod

Henning extended FP

DG grips

Reduced power trigger return spring and sear spring

Spare mags from Greg C

Taylor Freelance base and gram follower set (19rnd reloadable at the moment)

EG semi flat trigger

DP front sight

A little cheaper than the above. I had installed a 13lbs hammer spring but the recoil impulse with a 11lbs recoil spring was a little too harsh so I have gone up to 15lbs on the hammer.

Love the gun. Have not shot in real matches yet, though. Spring is coming soon (I hope).

I had one a year or so ago and sold it. Now thinking about getting another one. I think it was the most accurate pistol I've ever owned! (I've had a bunch of polymers and an sti eagle, executive and marauder)

How is it looking for part upgrades? Can you get a large mouth magwell for it yet?

Does a new gun come with two or three mags? Where is the best place to buy new mags?

I was going to hold out for the xtreme but I think it would cost the same to buy the base model and do the upgrades myself..... plus, waiting on eaa to get the xtremes only causes disappointment.

I bought my Elite Limited from you actually and this is what I did to it:

Henning flat trigger and EGW hammer and sear. Nice 2# trigger with light Xtreme springs you already had in it. Ive since changed it out to the Xtreme DA/SA set up I had in my Stock 2. Just feels better to me after shooting. S2 for a couple years in production.

Henning magwell is prettier than the stock magwell but really no difference in speed of mag changes. I put Henning's on the Elite and the stock magwell on the S2 for a back up gun.

You already had Henning guide rod and 10.75# recoil spring.

Had a little trouble with feeding but after tuning the extractor by radiusing the hook on the bottom of it feeding improved 100% Also keep mag lips of K40 mags at .390-.395.

You're gun is sweet accurate and a lot of fun. Good luck on the next one

I bought my Elite Limited from you actually and this is what I did to it:

Henning flat trigger and EGW hammer and sear. Nice 2# trigger with light Xtreme springs you already had in it. Ive since changed it out to the Xtreme DA/SA set up I had in my Stock 2. Just feels better to me after shooting. S2 for a couple years in production.

Henning magwell is prettier than the stock magwell but really no difference in speed of mag changes. I put Henning's on the Elite and the stock magwell on the S2 for a back up gun.

You already had Henning guide rod and 10.75# recoil spring.

Had a little trouble with feeding but after tuning the extractor by radiusing the hook on the bottom of it feeding improved 100% Also keep mag lips of K40 mags at .390-.395.

You're gun is sweet accurate and a lot of fun. Good luck on the next one

Awesome! That gun has to be the most accurate I've had. At least for me and I've gone through quite a few at this point.

I've tried them all and at this point it's going to be either the witness or the new sti dvc. I have one of those pre-ordered. :)

Edited by 3djedi