Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 World Champs

Chris1911

707HP, just about right I reckon.

Anyways, he needs to get his crap together and get down here.

If there is anyone looking for info in the short term, PM me or just ask here. Ian and I are happy to help if we know the answer.

As stated earlier early days yet, but we will be making easy for all to get here and get the paperwork sorted.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on my reading of the rules, it sounds like we will have to apply to get our pistols added to the allowed guns list.

Do we just use the form, or is someone going to work with that department to get a single large list?

As I know my gun isn't on the list.

no, it will not have to be added to any list, as long as it has a 4" barrel and not full auto, it's allowed in nz. I doubt anyone has an action pistol not already in nz.

you just need to fill in the visitor firearms licence and import permit found here:

www.pistolnz.org.nz/events

on the left is a "info for overseas shooters" link. all info here

we have done this before with major ipsc and others events and the process is easy

Edited by wanderer

plan a is to book out the kingsgate hotel, they have always given a good rate to shooters.

for any motel/hotel in the area that you would want to stay at will be $100 plus. kingsgate will probably be the best deal and will most likely be the match hotel.

The Approved Gun List is for permanent import only, also not up to date. So it does not apply to you. Go to the Pistol New Zealand Website for the best info.

All you are applying for is a Tourist Licence ($25 NZD) and Temporary Import only. None of the Import Regulations for locals apply. All they need is 30 days notice of intention to arrive, a copy of either an entry form or confirmation of your entry or an invite. All that will be sorted over the next 3 months plus. Current intention is to have the website/ facebook page up and running by the end of the year.

Everything that is used legally in IPSC and NRA AP is currently imported into New Zealand.

I have a Critical Path List from Pistol New Zealand with 24 things (Currently) that we need to attend to by October 2016. We have yet to do much on that list.

That price is NZ Dollars which currently run at less than 70cents US. The man who owns / runs the Kingsgate Hotel is still a member or used to be a member of the host Pistol Club. He always looked after us when we stayed there. It is not the Ritz, similar to Holiday Inn. Range is about 15minutes from the Hotel, I have done it in less than 7 at night.

But anything organised now may change in 15months time. Hotels is on the list as well as a function room for prize giving etc. Certainly better than a freezing tent on a hill.

no, it will not have to be added to any list, as long as it has a 4" barrel and not full auto, it's allowed in nz. I doubt anyone has an action pistol not already in nz.

you just need to fill in the visitor firearms licence and import permit found here:

www.pistolnz.org.nz/events

on the left is a "info for overseas shooters" link. all info here

we have done this before with major ipsc and others events and the process is easy

That is a lot easier to follow.

About the only question I have, is when they are talking about a copy of the firearms license being required, do they mean from my country/state? If so do Concealed Carry Permits count?

If someone is coming to hunt they need to prove that they are legally able to return to their home country with their firearms. As Peter stated the US does not have a one type of licencing system, similar to ours (which they understand), across all 50 States. So by getting an entry to the match they have 1/2 the job sorted. We will be clearing up many of these issues closer to the match.

When we had the Australasian IPSC Level4 match here in 2013, there were about 20 competitors from the US, it was sorted pretty easily for them. So we know we can do it.

As it happens a Concealed Carry Permit will work for proof of firearms ownership. Membership of the NRA or similar shooting organisation will also work. Once we get the planning further along all entrants will be sent an info pack on what will and will not work here. New Jersey for example has a Firearms ID card, California has a Certifcate of Safety or Handgun Safety Test, which will obviously show that you have met their particular needs. So anything like that will work.

They are pretty lenient on this once we establish contact with the appropriate people in Bullshit Castle. I have already been speaking with the Inspector in Charge of Licencing in Wellington and they are pretty happy to sit on this and let us get on with it and once much closer they jump on board and help out.

Leave the panic to us, we are experts at it.

No panic here. Just trying to figure out the process so I am not running around like a headless chicken a year from now.

In fact I need to go get my passport renewed soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the sake of conversation, say you happened to be a resident of a country that didn't allow you to possess pistols, but you knew people who may be travelling who could bring your their gun for you to use. Would that be allowed (if they remained present on the range with you)?

Kim,

I carry Zeros when I can, plus a range of plated projectiles for practice. I intend to be having stocks of projectiles, primers and powders for people to reload, new cases is all we will have here and they are not as cheap as they are in the US. You can bring cases easier than ammo. No restriction on importing ammo, primers, cases, just the Airlines will not let you carry anymore than 5kg of 1.4S (Ammo or Primers), no limit (except your wallet) on how many bullets and cases you bring.

You can ship loaded ammo by Sea Freight, all you will need is export paperwork from US, no import paperwork required here, just needs to be recieved by a licence holder or a dealer. Pistol NZ, The host club and I are sorting that.

If you country does not allow handguns (UK or Japan I am guessing), we may be able to arrange handguns here, I have a couple of different guns that I can loan out. But you will still need to apply for a Temporary Firearms Licence so you can be in possession of the firearm and ammunition whilst in NZ, how we do that is to be further investigated for those that will have difficulty. You do not need a handgun licence to get the Temp licence here. A rifle licence will work.

One thing in your favour at present is the NZ Dollar is worth about 66cents US at present.

Whatever system you opt for BRING YOUR MATCH AMMO, 500 rounds of 38Super will just get under 5Kg in Zero boxes.

Jimmy,

The last UK team to shoot at a Worlds did OK, it is not far to go really,

just 1/2 way round the world and back. :goof:

When was that?

Weirdly, given the exchange rate, it would probably work out slightly cheaper than a trip to Bianchi, although I've also priced up a family trip over there for Christmas. Needless to say that won't be happening!

Ok. I am signed up with AirNZ for email blasts when they have deals. So far their deals are a helluva lot cheaper than other airlines. The next hurdle is dates, so I will patiently wait for the location/dates to come out. :devil:

DougC

Current estimates of dates is as follows.

Match will be between 7th and 12th of November. 4 days of shooting within that 6 day window, most likely from the 9th through the 12th.

Actual Match Range will be open for practice from 1st or 2nd November to one day before the match starts. Practice range (next door) will be for check sighting and function testing only at all times during the practice period and the match.

Bun fight on the 12th (Saturday) from 6ish we think.

Research on hotels underway.

Fly into Auckland, Range is in Whangarei 2 hours north.