Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 World Champs

Chris1911

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon Guys.

The 9x21 was brought in so we could use a 9mm bullet in the longer case, it is not allowed in some countries to shoot a 9x19, and has always been this way.

Russell

• 2 months later...

NZ is looking to put a proposal in. Discussions are ongoing and nothing is formal as yet. I have spoken with a prospective host club and whilst they are keen there are some some significant logistical / financial problems to be sorted. They have a four rail mover and manage 60 per day through that with no problems as long as the shooters play their part :). Due to the nature of the range layout there is limited spectator space behind the plates and barricades, onsite and offsite parking is difficult, so a bus / ferry system and or car pooling may be necessary if the numbers get up.

Currently planned for three days similar to the Cup.

I will keep you all in the loop as best I can.

Just what I know, when I spoke with Craig Ginger from Australia (for the rare person that has doesn't remember him), he said if they host it it would be late October or early November. So those of us that are shooting the USPSA Handgun Nationals in early October will be able to make it.

Edited by PPGMD

Yep. This will be the place that will put it out 1st to the masses. At least one club in each (NZ/Aus) will put in bids and we should hear something by July. It is too bad that Andrea Moroni got injured, but I am glad that he survived his Ducati wreck. As he is recovering from that I understand not having the time to set up the match. I missed out on the last Australian match, and won't do that again.... :cheers:

DougC

It would be between NZ and Australia as it currently stands. It was held in Australia in 2006, Blacktown and again in 2010 so they are more up to speed than we are at present. Where we held it in 2008 may not be available as the range will require significant upgrades to hold the match again (all ranges require a major overhaul plus ongoing maintenance) and I believe the club committee as it stands is less inclined towards Action than it was 7 years ago, things change. The club I have approached is fully set up to run almost immediately. Minor work required to bring the plates up to international standard, but I think that is the easiest to sort out.

Either way it will be a good shoot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good Morning.

Well the wait is over.

Book your flights for New Zealand early November (exact dates to be confirmed) for the 2016 NRA World Action Pistol Shoot.

Host club will be Whangarei Pistol Club, about 90 minutes to 2 hours north of Auckland.

Thanks to Dennis Willings and the rest of the Committee of the NRA for selecting us, and commiserations to Australia on missing out. All thanks to those who will make the trip.

All information regarding travelling too NZ with Firearms will be posted as we go along. We were officially notified Friday and held back the news so that the Australians who bid could be notified before the rest of the World found out.

The forms for importing firearms is as above, dead easy, all you need to do is have an address for legal storage of handguns whilst in NZ, which we will provide two for people to use. One for before and after the match if you wish to travel and one during the match to keep the local sheriff happy.

Early days as yet.

Info on the following will come later.

Local availability of ammo and or of reloading components.

Delivery point and Import requirements if you wish to bulk ship ammunition from overseas. If planning well ahead and you need to ship very early use this address at this stage http://www.seriousshooters.co.nz/email the shop for further details.

Vehicle rentals.

Special information on driving on the correct side of the road. :devil:

Practice facilities, at this stage all practice will take place on the actual ranges in the week to ten days leading up to the beginning of the match, depending on numbers. This may change!

None of the above is cast in stone as yet but will be a good start.

Not sure, might have to buy another company car, not sure what colour though, thinking of something slightly less sedate than the last car. :devil:

If Travis comes over I can probably get him another drive in the Orange monster, I am sure he will just love seeing the oncoming traffic first.

Not sure, might have to buy another company car, not sure what colour though, thinking of something slightly less sedate than the last car. :devil:

If Travis comes over I can probably get him another drive in the Orange monster, I am sure he will just love seeing the oncoming traffic first.

Slightly less sedate?? You talking about the new charger?

There's no telling about Travis. I'm sure he would be stomping his foot on the floor. Lol