Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS or Tangfolio Limited Custom

tecumseh

I have a chance to get a Limited Custom HC (Old style I guess since it doesnt have slide cuts) or the TS new, both about same price. Limited Custom HC is used but great condition.

Im just starting out in USPSA so not sure which is a better deal. I looked up the Limited and looks like a $2,00.00 gun.

Thanks

Both the Limited and the TS are great guns for the Limited division here's a comparison I made:

I have the Limited and the TS so I can tell you each has it's advantages and it's drawbacks.

TS Strengths:
-sub 2# trigger out of the box
-with CZC springs/followers/base pads mags hold 21 reloadable with no fuss
-solid, heavy tight gun
-fixed rear sight makes a great place to rack the slide

TS Weaknesses:
-cheesy waffle iron checkering on frame
-cycles best with SAAMI length rounds with jacketed/plated bullets (most lead bullets must be loaded really short and take some work to make reliable)
-cheesy plastic mag well

EAA Limited Strengths:
-aggressive checkering on front and rear strap
-adjustable rear sight (if you like them)
-dead sexy looks :wub:
-drilled and tapped for thumb rest/optics
-eats a variety of loads/bullets/lengths (can even use 10mm mags and load longer than 1.2")

EAA Limited Weaknesses:
-4#+ trigger out of the box
-20 rounds with Henning pads/springs/followers (21 if tuned)
-slightly less cheesy aluminum factory mag well (Henning's is much better)

I go back and forth on which I like better :wacko:

Both the Limited and the TS are great guns for the Limited division here's a comparison I made:

I have the Limited and the TS so I can tell you each has it's advantages and it's drawbacks.

TS Strengths:

-sub 2# trigger out of the box

-with CZC springs/followers/base pads mags hold 21 reloadable with no fuss

-solid, heavy tight gun

-fixed rear sight makes a great place to rack the slide

TS Weaknesses:

-cheesy waffle iron checkering on frame

-cycles best with SAAMI length rounds with jacketed/plated bullets (most lead bullets must be loaded really short and take some work to make reliable)

-cheesy plastic mag well

EAA Limited Strengths:

-aggressive checkering on front and rear strap

-adjustable rear sight (if you like them)

-dead sexy looks :wub:

-drilled and tapped for thumb rest/optics

-eats a variety of loads/bullets/lengths (can even use 10mm mags and load longer than 1.2")

EAA Limited Weaknesses:

-4#+ trigger out of the box

-20 rounds with Henning pads/springs/followers (21 if tuned)

-slightly less cheesy aluminum factory mag well (Henning's is much better)

I go back and forth on which I like better :wacko:

Good info, the Limited does cost more right? Now I see the thread for the Orange TS and I like!

Good info, the Limited does cost more right? Now I see the thread for the Orange TS and I like!

Not really: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=470670036 http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=470384261

The CZ comes with three mags, the Limited comes with one.

The one Im looking at says Limited Custom and is Hard Chrome, kind of like the Limited custom Xtreme on there site. Tangdfolio guns are hard to keep track of the models.

The one Im looking at says Limited Custom and is Hard Chrome, kind of like the Limited custom Xtreme on there site. Tangdfolio guns are hard to keep track of the models.

I'm pretty sure the Xtreme line of pistols have not come to the US yet, EAA has a nasty habit of making promises they can't keep; which brings me to zhunter's point:

If I was trying to decide, I'd also add the availability of parts and service into the equation

EAA has a tradition of terrible customer service, overpriced spare parts with a terrible selection. Henning Walgren does his best to support us, but he has only a few parts available. On the other hand, Stuart Wong at CZ Custom is a great guy who frequents this forum and will take good care of you, plus CZ USA offers a good selection of factory parts at reasonable prices. If the pistols are the same price, but the CZ is new, take the CZ.

I'm pretty sure the Xtreme line of pistols have not come to the US yet, EAA has a nasty habit of making promises they can't keep; which brings me to zhunter's point:

If I was trying to decide, I'd also add the availability of parts and service into the equation

EAA has a tradition of terrible customer service, overpriced spare parts with a terrible selection. Henning Walgren does his best to support us, but he has only a few parts available. On the other hand, Stuart Wong at CZ Custom is a great guy who frequents this forum and will take good care of you, plus CZ USA offers a good selection of factory parts at reasonable prices. If the pistols are the same price, but the CZ is new, take the CZ.

sounds like CZ is the way to go.

^this^

I've had both. The CZ is better made, without a doubt, though I am currently shooting a Limited just because it fits my hand a little better without modifying the frame. I will eventually get another CZ and do a grip reduction on it.

Well in IPSC version of shooting - I can surely take a pick- it is CZ TS 40 all the way.

Why? Well the mag capacity for 40 cal is what makes all the difference.

The Tangfoglio with custom Hening basepad " so it will fit the IPSC standard box" is 16 round for a mag.

The TS with Chezh Custom basepad+ CZ-custom follower and spring ( from Angus store) is 19 rounds solid.

That is +3 rounds difference. And we all know that a reload is enevedible.

You miss a plate? a reload, you need that extra 2 rounds because you hit a " hard cover" - a reload, Thus in IPSC - I will choose TS

Archived