Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pitting 1911 breach face under 1000 rounds. Advice request

DagoRed

The other poster did get his replaced. Of course it was a les baer I would have too. After talking to the head of Springfields custom shop I was convinced not to do it because it's just cosmetic. Not sure I made the right choice but ultimately I don't think I'll care. I let the rep from Winchester who was handling my case know.

As far as the rest goes I have sent a few of the culprit primers that I still had in my trash can in to Winchester along w some rounds that were already loaded (I don't have a puller), the remaining primers from those lots, and a few hundred I decapped from some brass that was ready to load. I was informed that they should be cutting me a check for the value of the primers next Friday

I can't say enough good about Winchester's customer service and Kristen in particular. I looked today and we've exchanged a total of 38 emails.

Red

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to let you all know how this ended up. Winchester was great, they got all my stuff, looked at it and ended up cutting me a check to cover replacing all the supplies. I'm going to buy a proper belt and an FO sight for one of my guns. And bullets, lots of bullets

One of the best customer service experiences I've ever had

Red