Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 Receiver

00MGN

Stop me if you heard this one......so I had the dremel out and was doing some work.......Yep that guy, any way a buddy of mine mentioned that instead of buying a entire new M2 that I should look around and just buy a receiver, supposedly a $300 option. After using Google and failing I figured I would check out this knowledge base to see if anyone can point me in the right direction, or maybe tell me I am screwed. Either way thanks for the help.

Damn Mike,..really?? :eatdrink:

(didn't i warned you while back, that you & tools should have separate rooms?) :roflol:

If you did what I think you did, give Mark a call at RCI. https://www.xrailbyrci.com/contact.php

He has rescued more than one paperweight and should be able to set you up with a tube with a captured follower.

I know you're a good sport,..and this sucks, but maybe you could post pics for the rest of the children?

Dale long story made short I smashed my thumbnail on my left hand setting up the match and had to drill the thumbnail to release pressure, so no support side reloading. So for superstition emergency prep I am jumping in to quad loading and rushed a loading gate job. I will get pictures up later.

By the way I did bring your bullets

Ok, I did it too. I hogged out the loading port on my m2 so I didn't have to stick my thumb into the mag tube when loading deuces. Ran it at the SHOT Show match just fine. I go to 3GN Western Regionals and run it fine the first day. That night I notice the follower is sticking when the tube is empty. I take it apart and my buddy notices a burr on the shoulder of the follower, so I sand it a bit.

The next day, I'm first on the first stage of the day. The buzzer goes off, I go to one side and intentionally run my shotgun dry and start to reload while I move to the other side. Huh?? What the...?? NOOOOO!!! The follower and spring were on the lifter.

So now I too, am looking for options. My buddy contacted Xrail and that is a good option. He also called Salient (it's a Salient m2 that I have) and they might be able to fix it. I'll be sending them pics and I will post here as well.

I'm an idiot.

Ok, I did it too. I hogged out the loading port on my m2 so I didn't have to stick my thumb into the mag tube when loading deuces. Ran it at the SHOT Show match just fine. I go to 3GN Western Regionals and run it fine the first day. That night I notice the follower is sticking when the tube is empty. I take it apart and my buddy notices a burr on the shoulder of the follower, so I sand it a bit.

The next day, I'm first on the first stage of the day. The buzzer goes off, I go to one side and intentionally run my shotgun dry and start to reload while I move to the other side. Huh?? What the...?? NOOOOO!!! The follower and spring were on the lifter.

So now I too, am looking for options. My buddy contacted Xrail and that is a good option. He also called Salient (it's a Salient m2 that I have) and they might be able to fix it. I'll be sending them pics and I will post here as well.

I'm an idiot.

The XRail monotube with a captured follower will fix that problem. Making your factory tube capture the follower may do it too.

I'm an idiot.

The XRail monotube with a captured follower will fix that problem. Making your factory tube capture the follower may do it too.

Thanks Steve. I thought about crimping the rim of the factory tube to make a "captured follower" design. I reckon I would just have to make a couple very small tabs folded inward to hold the follower. I put a follower from another shotgun in and it is holding, but I don't trust it. Things go wrong at a major match that work just fine anywhere else.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got my shotgun back on Friday from Rose Action Sports. I have to say this was the best gun repair/smithing experience I have ever had. The turn time was fast Steve communicated with me, and if you did not know that the two set screws did not belong in the receiver you would think it is factory. Took it with me to a precision rifle match that I was RO'ing this weekend and after tear down of the stages I ran a couple of boxes thru and everything ran great. I will be running it at Superstition this weekend. I am extremely happy with the entire experience, minus the stroke I almost caused myself when I went nuts with the Dremel.

Thank you again to Rose Action Sports for the fix and the turn around. I used the shotgun all weekend at Superstition and came away with a second place finish in Heavy Scope without a single shotgun glitch.

I'm an idiot.

Thanks Steve. I thought about crimping the rim of the factory tube to make a "captured follower" design. I reckon I would just have to make a couple very small tabs folded inward to hold the follower. I put a follower from another shotgun in and it is holding, but I don't trust it. Things go wrong at a major match that work just fine anywhere else.

Update: I test fired with that new follower and it ran ok. Went to Superstition and ran the crap out of it for the 3 days without any problems. Whew!

Thank you again to Rose Action Sports for the fix and the turn around. I used the shotgun all weekend at Superstition and came away with a second place finish in Heavy Scope without a single shotgun glitch.

That is good news! I'm glad we could help get your shotgun running again.