Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

accu shadow lite

3djedi

Accushadow lite is lighter.

The accushadow light is built on a CZ 75 frame and the normal accushadow is built on a SP-01 frame. The SP-01 frame has a full length dust cover/rail. Last I saw the accu shadow lite wasn't production legal, probably just due to the number that have been produced.

I switched from shooting all striker fired guns to an accushadow several months ago. Adapting to the DA wasn't really a big deal, if anything getting used to the single action was the difference maker for me. The double action pull is longer than a glock pull but it's a lot smoother.

Edited by CodyAxon

I switched from an M&P to an Accu Shadow two years ago when I was shooting primarily Steel Challenge. The pistol arrived two weeks before a match and I dry-fired it daily and hit the range once beforehand. I was able to tie my M&P scores my first time out.

Do you think it will eventually be approved? I only shoot locally so I don't think it would be and issue to shoot it anyway......

I suppose if they sell the requisite number it will be.

Wonder what the current count is?

Do you think it will eventually be approved? I only shoot locally so I don't think it would be and issue to shoot it anyway......

I suppose if they sell the requisite number it will be.

Wonder what the current count is?

dunno, somebody call czc and see if they'll say.

Idk why they wouldn't.

• 3 months later...

Ok. I checked the number 2 post.

Said it wasnt legal that time, back in Feb. No real updates since then?

Anyone get a count from CZC? Any update on how close we are to getting the Lite approved?

(They have already approved the CTS LS-P for goodness sakes, are there really 2000 of those running around?)

I switched from Glock and M&P to CZ last year and haven't looked back. I took me about two seconds to get use to the DA/SA trigger from the CZ Custom Shop. I currently own a CZ 75 SP01 Shadow for IDPA Production, CZ 75 SP01 Accu Shadow Lite for IDPA ESP Division, and CZ 75 SP01 Accu Shadow for USPSA Production. Even though I like Glocks and M&P's I will never go back to either one of them for competion shooting.

in regards to your timing question it took about two weeks to get the DA pull down.

issues that took time and attention to deal with were:

• different trigger reach from the plastic gun, so finding where my finger needed to rest to get a straight pull.
  • reading and watching langond's 'fear not the double action' article and video on youtube. and then following his advice
  • finding at what part of the draw stroke i needed to start my trigger press. for me, it was found to be right after my hands meet and before i have picked up the sights yet on presentation.
  • making sure i wasn;t slapping, staging and all the other things one can do that slow you down and push the sights where you don't want them.
  • getting used to the heft of the gun compared to the plastic guns. a pound of weight difference can really be felt when you're first trying.

Not asking about a P-09.

Accu Shasow Lite. And no, its not currently on the list. Just curious if anyone knows if there is countdown clock in a bunker somewhere slowing ticking down.... we at 500, 1500, 1999?

• 2 weeks later...

I've asked the "Whens it gonna be legal" question as well from the guys at CZC and not gotten an answer. I bought my ACCU Lite last year and love the gun.

I've Switched to Shadow Targets for the time being until it becomes legal.

Make sense to anyone else the heavier SP01 is Prod legal but not the Lite? I undertsand why, but makes no sense really

I believe that if someone submits the paperwork to have the acu shadow lite added to the production list, that is all that it would take.

I think the hang up is that at least 2,000 units need to be produced before the paperwork could be submitted. I am not sure numbers wise how many have been built.